Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Hello, I have been living in Canada as PR for just under 3 years and have not visited home. My issues is half of my stuff is in my Maiden name and other half has been switched to my Married name.

Passport-Maiden
PR Card-Maiden
Ontario DL-Married
HealthCard-Married

I am going to go home for a visit but concerned when re-entering Canada they will give me the 100 and 1 question run down and interrogate me (everytime I have crossed the border I have had issues) so I am terrified of going home for a visit because of this.

I have read that if there is an issue between your names being different because of being married to carry your marriage certificate, is this true???

I plan on going home for over a month give or take...will this time frame raise red flags?

Thank you as always for any replies!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, I have been living in Canada as PR for just under 3 years and have not visited home. My issues is half of my stuff is in my Maiden name and other half has been switched to my Married name.

Passport-Maiden
PR Card-Maiden
Ontario DL-Married
HealthCard-Married

I am going to go home for a visit but concerned when re-entering Canada they will give me the 100 and 1 question run down and interrogate me (everytime I have crossed the border I have had issues) so I am terrified of going home for a visit because of this.

I have read that if there is an issue between your names being different because of being married to carry your marriage certificate, is this true???

I plan on going home for over a month give or take...will this time frame raise red flags?

Thank you as always for any replies!
Hi

It's common to have documents in both the married and maiden name. CBSA won't care.

You can go home for as long as you want.

Ravcat

Sep 27, 2013
NW Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa ON
App. Filed.......
8-12-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
Med's Request
Sent w/ App.
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Hi

It's common to have documents in both the married and maiden name. CBSA won't care.

You can go home for as long as you want.
Thank you! Glad to see a familar face still on the CIC Forum, used to live on this forum haha...