+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting home country after degree completion and applyin PGWP after coming back

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi,

I would like to visit my home country for 3 weeks after finishing my degree requirements. I am planning to apply for PGWP after coming back. According to my understand my final transcript will be ready as early as 1 week before I will come back. Now my student visa is valid for two more years.

I would like to know if I will face any problem at immigration when I will come back provided that I have finished by degree requirements and still did not apply for PGWP.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Nobody here can really say if you will have problems reentering the country given that is never guaranteed even if as you say your study permit is valid for another couple years given the study permit itself only shows a reason for being in the country and is not a permit to enter. Do you still have a valid TRV or are you visa exempt ?

Chances are you will not have any issues but still keep in mind you only have 90 days to apply for a PGWP post completion of your course and cannot work in the period between finishing the full time course and applying for PGWP.