+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting following IEC

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi,

This may be a silly question so apologies in advance!

I stayed in Canada from 2016-2018 on an IEC visa. I intend to return to Canada for two weeks in March so I can visit my fiancee and get married. (We met and dated while I was on my IEC).

Does the fact I'm a previous visa holder mean I could get flagged up to go into secondary questioning when I land in Ottawa airport? I'll be flying from Manchester to Newark then Newark to Ottawa.

I'm a UK citizen so I know I don't need a visa and I have a valid eTA. Obviously I don't intend to overstay. I have a return ticket and will actually be leaving after the two weeks as we'll likely be doing outland spousal sponsorship.

I don't know if it's me being paranoid or if there is a chance I'd get flagged for secondary based on my travel history. I'm just concerned I won't be allowed entry in March!

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

This may be a silly question so apologies in advance!

I stayed in Canada from 2016-2018 on an IEC visa. I intend to return to Canada for two weeks in March so I can visit my fiancee and get married. (We met and dated while I was on my IEC).

Does the fact I'm a previous visa holder mean I could get flagged up to go into secondary questioning when I land in Ottawa airport? I'll be flying from Manchester to Newark then Newark to Ottawa.

I'm a UK citizen so I know I don't need a visa and I have a valid eTA. Obviously I don't intend to overstay. I have a return ticket and will actually be leaving after the two weeks as we'll likely be doing outland spousal sponsorship.

I don't know if it's me being paranoid or if there is a chance I'd get flagged for secondary based on my travel history. I'm just concerned I won't be allowed entry in March!

Thanks
Hi

You should be fine, especially with a return ticket. If you have any other proofs, like a 2 week vacation approval from your current job, take that too.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Having previously lived in Canada alone will not get you flagged. As long as you can convince the primary inspection officer your visit is legit and you will not overstay, you should be fine.