+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting family

Hanan1

Jul 15, 2019
Im from Bosnia and planning to visit my first cousins next month intending to stay two weeks, i have two children the older is 9 and the younger is 2 years old my husband would be working and wouldnt be able to join. Would like to know how much financial statement is enough knowing that we will stay with my cousin during the two weeks. Also do i need to buy our tickets ahead as i read its a good proof of intentions to return but in case we dont get the visa that would be waste of money!! And what other supportive docs would be needed?
Appreciated

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Don’t ever buy your plane tickets till you get the visa . People can just buy return tickets and not use the return

Last edited:

Hanan1

Jul 15, 2019
Don’t ever buy your plane tickets till you get the visa . People can just buy return tickets and not use the return
Ok thanks alot. My main concern is actually about the bank statement, im intending to support it with financial letter but im not sure how much is enough o

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Ok thanks alot. My main concern is actually about the bank statement, im intending to support it with financial letter but im not sure how much is enough o
I really can't say the figure but make sure you have enough money for your stay (funds to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada).
Plus make sure you can convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country.

Hanan1

Jul 15, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Im not sure that the immigration officer was not guided by range of an amount that needs to be available and accoding to the number of family members. I mean a 5000 dollars would be enough for me and my two girls for example as we will accommodate with my family also drink and eat. So that amount would be just for the outs and abouts. But im not sure if that would be convincing for the officer. I saw in one of the similar quiries by a visiter that it may require a 20 to 30 thousands dollar for three members of family . What do you think? Plz this sis urgent im worried that insufficient financila statement would be a problem ! Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for your reply. Im not sure that the immigration officer was not guided by range of an amount that needs to be available and accoding to the number of family members. I mean a 5000 dollars would be enough for me and my two girls for example as we will accommodate with my family also drink and eat. So that amount would be just for the outs and abouts. But im not sure if that would be convincing for the officer. I saw in one of the similar quiries by a visiter that it may require a 20 to 30 thousands dollar for three members of family . What do you think? Plz this sis urgent im worried that insufficient financila statement would be a problem ! Thanks
Recommended to show your entire savings/assets, not just the budget for the trip.

If you can only show 5000 CAD, that's going to be insufficient indeed.

Hanan1

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

Please advise if a written letter by me would support my case stating that my mother health issues needs my personal care to return to my country once vacation is over. And do i need to give copy of her current health status that showes how serious it is as supporting docs

Hanan1

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,
Plz advise on this urgent matter as its my last step before applying. For my two kids i had an issue that i need to double check . After validating the employment and funds bar highlted to red. And i know for the guid of visa that i can put N/A . But it still highlights red for dates of employment. What shall i do. Plus funds should i put the funds that mentioned in my form