+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada while waiting for PR

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Sent 19/Feb 2018, Received 23/Feb 2018
My wife is Canadian, I'm UK, the stage we are at is my PR application is now with the LVO as of this week, my Wife intends to return to Canada in July as she's been offered a job there, my intention is then to come out on an extended holiday in October, (I'm retiring then) hoping my PR will come through while i'm there.
1 Do I have to notify LVO of my intention.
2 Will I have to come back to the UK once approved or can it be posted to me in Canada.
3 Is there anything else I should know?
By the way, they have my police checks and medical and we have been married 14 years, married in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife is Canadian, I'm UK, the stage we are at is my PR application is now with the LVO as of this week, my Wife intends to return to Canada in July as she's been offered a job there, my intention is then to come out on an extended holiday in October, (I'm retiring then) hoping my PR will come through while i'm there.
1 Do I have to notify LVO of my intention.
2 Will I have to come back to the UK once approved or can it be posted to me in Canada.
3 Is there anything else I should know?
By the way, they have my police checks and medical and we have been married 14 years, married in Canada.
1. No. You need to update your address once you come to Canada.

2. You can remain in Canada.

3. You do not yet have the right to move to or live in Canada, so when entering, remember that you are coming as a visitor to be with your spouse while the sponsorship app processes.

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
1. No. You need to update your address once you come to Canada.

2. You can remain in Canada.

3. You do not yet have the right to move to or live in Canada, so when entering, remember that you are coming as a visitor to be with your spouse while the sponsorship app processes.

cliffjona

Feb 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
Thanks Canuck, that puts our minds at rest, we thought we might be in for a long separation.