+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada while waiting for PR??

aditi04

Feb 9, 2017
I have plans to visit Canada in May for a family wedding for which I already have a Canadian tourist visa.
I have also received ITA for PR and in the process of collecting documents and completing application and will be able to submit the application prior to my visit in May as a tourist.

Will there be any issue in visiting as a tourist while still waiting for the PR? Should I hold on to submitting my application until after I come back from my trip?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
aditi04 said:
I have plans to visit Canada in May for a family wedding for which I already have a Canadian tourist visa.
I have also received ITA for PR and in the process of collecting documents and completing application and will be able to submit the application prior to my visit in May as a tourist.

Will there be any issue in visiting as a tourist while still waiting for the PR? Should I hold on to submitting my application until after I come back from my trip?
Its better to submit your eAPR and then travel to Canada.

aditi04

Feb 9, 2017
Thanks Maverick.
Do you see any issues visiting Canada while eAPR not yet submitted? Why are you suggesting to visit Canada after eAPR submission?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
aditi04 said:
Thanks Maverick.
Do you see any issues visiting Canada while eAPR not yet submitted? Why are you suggesting to visit Canada after eAPR submission?
No, you should be fine. You would need to add this trip to your personal and travel histories, however.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
aditi04 said:
Thanks Maverick.
I don't think there are any issues in travelling to Canada whether or not you have done the eAPR. Submitting your eAPR just speeds up the PR processing.

Tatya_Vinchu

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
It is recommended to travel after eAPR for PCC reasons. Eg. Monu already has US PCC but he decides to visit US for vacation. Then he will have to get another PCC after his last visit. So in your case if you don't require a Canadian PCC you should be good to travel.

Estefania

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. Do you think that in case of being interrogated at a port of entry should I mention my PR is in process? Or is this viewed as negative regarding my ties to home country as a visitor?
Thank you