+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITING CANADA THIS YEAR

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
I am planning to visit Canada this year and this is because I planned to do this last year. Is it going to be safe to apply maybe on September or are there less chance of approval because of pandemic? Do you guys have any idea if it is okay to pursue my goal this year?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am planning to visit Canada this year and this is because I planned to do this last year. Is it going to be safe to apply maybe on September or are there less chance of approval because of pandemic? Do you guys have any idea if it is okay to pursue my goal this year?
We don't know. You'll have to wait and see where things stand in a few months.

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Ircc won't refuse your application due to the pandemic that's if it will still be a problem and if that's the case then wait until everything is back to normal as am afraid you could get a refusal without a proper purpose of visit letter and a trip longer than 2weeks raises alarm to then and I doubt you would want to spend your savings just to quarantine in Canada for 14+ days.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Two different things: 1) Apply for a visa &
2) Being able to actually entering Canada

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Ircc won't refuse your application due to the pandemic that's if it will still be a problem and if that's the case then wait until everything is back to normal as am afraid you could get a refusal without a proper purpose of visit letter and a trip longer than 2weeks raises alarm to then and I doubt you would want to spend your savings just to quarantine in Canada for 14+ days.
Do you know what can be a proper visit for this one?

katrinmelani

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Philippines
Category........
Two different things: 1) Apply for a visa &
2) Being able to actually entering Canada
Yeah if I apply today, for sure there will be restrictions. That is why I am asking through this forum if maybe you know guys someone or anything about tourist visa application especially this time of pandemic. :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah if I apply today, for sure there will be restrictions. That is why I am asking through this forum if maybe you know guys someone or anything about tourist visa application especially this time of pandemic. :)
I doubt there is any restriction on making a visa application. Based on your application, it's about whether you get visa or you don't.

Scorpion80

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
hi , my family had a plan to visit US and Canada this year for tourism in summer we got US multiple entry visa in early march , than we applied for Canadian visit visa on 15 March online this year but we mentioned in our application that if COVID numbers will increase than we will visit in winter or so , till date our application is in process status . so i believe they will take decision later

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi , my family had a plan to visit US and Canada this year for tourism in summer we got US multiple entry visa in early march , than we applied for Canadian visit visa on 15 March online this year but we mentioned in our application that if COVID numbers will increase than we will visit in winter or so , till date our application is in process status . so i believe they will take decision later
Would suggest changing your plans. Would anticipate people visiting for tourism may be turned down at POE or may need to go straight into quarantine for 14 days. It is really the year for a staycation or a vacation in your own country.

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020
Hi I applied on 19th Mar online still no news.

Reactions: Scorpion80