+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Canada on an eTA

CAhelp1

Aug 18, 2019
Hello everyone! I am trying to find a designated employer participating in the new RIPP and AIPP programs to get a job offer in order to be eligible for PR. However it is very difficult to get an interview not to mention a job offer as an outland applicant. My plan is to go to Chatam-Kent and after that in Halifax as a tourist and try to look for a job, hoping to meet employers face to face on the spot for around two weeks.

My first question is:

Is there an organization/company that can help me contact designated employers within my field of work so I can hopefully get an interview?

Second question is:

Obviously I am not planning to stay and work illegally, however the immigration officers at the port of entry may suspect that because I am entering the country with an intension to look for a job. Should I explain the whole situation truthfully and hope for the best or should I tell a different story for the purpose of my visit? Thank you and have a nice day!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Only answer what cbsa asks at the point of entry. Don’t volunteer extra information. If they do ask,answer truthfully.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As above only answer questions asked truthfully, confidently without volunteering anything extra. Although sounds obvious do not arrive with a carry on full of printed CVs or all your education certificates.

Do some research of the area ahead of your visit so you can answer the purpose of visit question confidently as a visitor with a visit itinerary still being truthful.

It is not illegal to seek out interviews as a visitor just that obviously volunteering that information at the POE if not asked specifically just invites extra unnecessary scrutiny.

Good luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone! I am trying to find a designated employer participating in the new RIPP and AIPP programs to get a job offer in order to be eligible for PR. However it is very difficult to get an interview not to mention a job offer as an outland applicant. My plan is to go to Chatam-Kent and after that in Halifax as a tourist and try to look for a job, hoping to meet employers face to face on the spot for around two weeks.

My first question is:

Is there an organization/company that can help me contact designated employers within my field of work so I can hopefully get an interview?

Second question is:

Obviously I am not planning to stay and work illegally, however the immigration officers at the port of entry may suspect that because I am entering the country with an intension to look for a job. Should I explain the whole situation truthfully and hope for the best or should I tell a different story for the purpose of my visit? Thank you and have a nice day!
- Unfortunately there's no such organization or company. You are really on your own to find an employer.
- As others have said, don't volunteer information you aren't asked. If you are asked questions, keep the responses short.