+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for visit visa to attend conference in canada but my biometric Instruction letter (BOL) delayed.
When I got it and submitted my biometric, then the conference I planned attending has remained 50 days only
I understand conference visit visas required 60-90 days for approval
Do I have chance of approval
IRCC doesn’t care about your dates. Processing time is based on where you live so you may have waited to late anyways.

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
IRCC doesn’t care about your dates. Processing time is based on where you live so you may have waited to late anyways.

Thanks Naturgrl for your prompt input

Application was submitted in advance but BIL got delayed
If the conference is over, can be I be considered, if I am qualified

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you, I hope it is approved
Have you attended similar conferences around the world before? Who is paying for you to attend the conference? Are you presenting at the conference? What is your country or citizenship and are you currently living in that country. Have you been employed at your current employer for a long time? Would your salary be considered well paying?

vijuureddy

Jun 25, 2023
Can we Including My Wife's Sister in Our Visitor Visa Application?

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are preparing to apply for a renewal of our Canada visitor visas, as they are set to expire next month. We have both previously obtained multiple entry visas and had the opportunity to visit Canada once in 2020. Since we now have two children who are US citizens, they are exempt from needing a visitor visa. However, for this upcoming application, we would like to include my wife's sister as a family member.

My wife's sister recently completed her master's degree in the USA on a student visa and has been working in the software industry for a couple of months. Although she hasn't had a previous Canada visa, she is currently residing with us in Texas, USA.

We are aware of the necessary forms to be submitted, such as IMM5257e, IMM5645e, and IMM5257b, which must be completed for each individual applicant. Additionally, we intend to provide all relevant supporting documents, including our work permit documents, paystubs, employment letters, and individual financial support documents. To demonstrate our travel plans, we will also be booking flight tickets, hotel accommodations, and a rental car for all of us.

Our main question is whether it would be acceptable to include my wife's sister in our application, considering that we all reside at the same address. Alternatively, would it be more appropriate for her to submit a separate application? We understand that according to the IRCC, family members are defined as spouses, common-law partners, dependent children, and their dependent children.

We are unsure if including her in our application would provide any advantages or disadvantages for her or for us. If anyone could offer guidance or share their own experiences, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Vijay

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Have you attended similar conferences around the world before? Who is paying for you to attend the conference? Are you presenting at the conference? What is your country or citizenship and are you currently living in that country. Have you been employed at your current employer for a long time? Would your salary be considered well paying?
I attended so many conferences in UK, and other parts of the world. I ttached certificate of attendance of UK ones
Plus travel iitinery of UK , and current UK Business visit visa expiring November 2023. Plus current Saudi Business Visit visa st
I also attached frequent travel exit/entry stamps, and previous passport copies bearing stamps,

My current company is paying, and has issued financial support letter. I am not attendance at the conference, and not speaker
Current citizen is Ghanaian. I am living, working, and applying in my native country Ghana. I am the CEO/Founder of the company since 2014
and I have held numerous workshops, including the central bank of Ghana, and I was the presenter. I have attached those letters from the central bank addressing me as a speaker/facilitator for the event my company held with the central bank.

The conference is inline with the business activities of my certificate of incorporation of my company

This is the first time, I am applying for Canada visa, but I have Germany visa, France, and UK visas before, and Dubai, and 37 African countries

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am attendance/participant of the conference, and not a speaker, I mean

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My visit visa submitted on 13th May, and below are the status:

- Bio-metrics: Completed
- Background Verification: In Progress
- Eligibility: Not Started
- Medical Exams: Not Started

What are the differences between background verification, and eligibility.
Does it means if I pass background verification, then I am eligible?

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
My visit visa submitted on 13th May, and below are the status:

- Bio-metrics: Completed
- Background Verification: In Progress
- Eligibility: Not Started
- Medical Exams: Not Started

What are the differences between background verification, and eligibility.
Does it means if I pass background verification, then I am eligible?
Background check is for checking your history in past basically they check if you have any criminal records or not whereas eligibility is that you are admissible to Canada and you are applying under right program and you meet the requirements for that particular visa.
These two are not linked but are equally very important , if you’re failed in passing eligibility, you will not get approval even if you passed the background check and vice versa.

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Background check is for checking your history in past basically they check if you have any criminal records or not whereas eligibility is that you are admissible to Canada and you are applying under right program and you meet the requirements for that particular visa.
These two are not linked but are equally very important , if you’re failed in passing eligibility, you will not get approval even if you passed the background check and vice versa.
Thank you very much bro

I assumed Eligibility is first accessed and if OK, before a background is checked

But look at my case, eligibility(right visa category application) has not started yet, but background verification (criminality) is in progress
Don't you think something is wrong here?

My friend submitted his application for the same visit visa attending a conference, and 4 days after biometric it was refused, that he is not eligible.

Based on that, can we conclude mine is eligible, since background has started? And since almost 2 months now, showing in progress?

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Thank you very much bro

I assumed Eligibility is first accessed and if OK, before a background is checked

But look at my case, eligibility(right visa category application) has not started yet, but background verification (criminality) is in progress
Don't you think something is wrong here?

My friend submitted his application for the same visit visa attending a conference, and 4 days after biometric it was refused, that he is not eligible.

Based on that, can we conclude mine is eligible, since background has started? And since almost 2 months now, showing in progress?
To be honest, sometimes they don’t update the applications online I personally have experience when my mother-in-law’s background check was still in processing and eligibility passed 7 days later after she got her visa. She got approved on 13 June and her eligibility passed on 21 June, so you never know, never compare status with any other applicants, we can just assume or make make estimates from others applications. I hope you will get approval soon.

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank you

Yemboni

May 1, 2023
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
To be honest, sometimes they don’t update the applications online I personally have experience when my mother-in-law’s background check was still in processing and eligibility passed 7 days later after she got her visa. She got approved on 13 June and her eligibility passed on 21 June, so you never know, never compare status with any other applicants, we can just assume or make make estimates from others applications. I hope you will get approval soon.
Thank you