+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
Hi everyone,

We have recently applied visiting visa for our parents from india and it got rejected.

So I kept my father profession as "RETIRED" so will it be the reason to get rejected.

Please suggest what to put instead of retired or will it will be ok to re-apply with the same application.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

We have recently applied visiting visa for our parents from india and it got rejected.

So I kept my father profession as "RETIRED" so will it be the reason to get rejected.

Please suggest what to put instead of retired or will it will be ok to re-apply with the same application.

Thanks.
What were reasons for refusal? Address the reasons for refusal, and reapply.

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
I think instead of just "Retired", you should mention about some work that he does on a daily basis in his country.
For example, you can write that he does farming in his agricultural fields and support it with property documents in your father's name.
And you can also mention that he takes care of someone elderly in your family like your grandparents.

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
What were reasons for refusal? Address the reasons for refusal, and reapply.
Thank you so much for the response. The reason for rejection is they mentioned that "That they are not sure if my parents will return back to india and not satisfied with the properties and explanation provided"

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
I think instead of just "Retired", you should mention about some work that he does on a daily basis in his country.
For example, you can write that he does farming in his agricultural fields and support it with property documents in your father's name.
And you can also mention that he takes care of someone elderly in your family like your grandparents.
Thank you so much for the response ! Helps a lot and can we mention "Agriculture" now in the application for my father because first time we mentioned "Retired" will it be a problem if we change the occupation because they already have our file?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for the response. The reason for rejection is they mentioned that "That they are not sure if my parents will return back to india and not satisfied with the properties and explanation provided"
So it isn’t just being retired. It is showing he has the funds, properties, ties to return to India. They need to show that.

tobvindia

Jan 8, 2022
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
No this can't be the reason.
What all documents your submitted and how did you applied.
Regards
Hareet

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
Thank you so much for the response ! Helps a lot and can we mention "Agriculture" now in the application for my father because first time we mentioned "Retired" will it be a problem if we change the occupation because they already have our file?
Yes, you can write Agriculture or Farmer.
But, I think you should analyse other things also like sufficient funds, property, family ties in India. That matters a lot.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi there

For temporary visitor visa, multiple entry, what is the length of stay? Will it be maximum 6 months at each stay or maximum 6 months for the whole duration of validity visa?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there

For temporary visitor visa, multiple entry, what is the length of stay? Will it be maximum 6 months at each stay or maximum 6 months for the whole duration of validity visa?

Thanks
CBSA decides on entry how long you can stay. Max is 6 months. For multi entry, the person can enter for up to 6 months, leave and return.

sagar004

Dec 5, 2017
CBSA decides on entry how long you can stay. Max is 6 months. For multi entry, the person can enter for up to 6 months, leave and return.
/
Hi, Do we get any letter from immigration on landing in Canada like (IMM 1097 )? or it is just the stamp on passport proof of visitor visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
/
Hi, Do we get any letter from immigration on landing in Canada like (IMM 1097 )? or it is just the stamp on passport proof of visitor visa?
Stamp in your passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, Thanks for confirmation. In this case can I apply for Ontario card with just stamp on passport or should I get any additional document like VOS?
Please suggest.
What do you mean by "Ontario card"? Which card are you referring to?