+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa

Y.Bhatti

Jun 26, 2020
Hi,
I live in Pakistan, my Canadian husband sponsored me, the sponsorship application is in LVO and in Process.
My daughter living in Ontario and she is expecting her first baby in September, I like to be with her in Canada, can I apply for visit visa, how to apply from Karachi, how long it takes to process the visit visa application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I live in Pakistan, my Canadian husband sponsored me, the sponsorship application is in LVO and in Process.
My daughter living in Ontario and she is expecting her first baby in September, I like to be with her in Canada, can I apply for visit visa, how to apply from Karachi, how long it takes to process the visit visa application.
Yes, you can apply for a TRV to visit her however it may be difficult to get approval since you have been sponsored for PR and IRCC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

It can take a number of months to get a TRV approved and processing is especially slow now. You should apply as soon as possible. You will want to keep the trip short (2-3 weeks) and show strong ties to your home country.

I'm not sure what you do about biometrics / medicals since I think everything is still closed.

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Yes, you can apply for a TRV to visit her however it may be difficult to get approval since you have been sponsored for PR and IRCC knows you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

It can take a number of months to get a TRV approved and processing is especially slow now. You should apply as soon as possible. You will want to keep the trip short (2-3 weeks) and show strong ties to your home country.

I'm not sure what you do about biometrics / medicals since I think everything is still closed.
Hi @scylla .. with the restrictions lifted for immediate family members on 9th June you still feel getting a TRV approval would be difficult?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi @scylla .. with the restrictions lifted for immediate family members on 9th June you still feel getting a TRV approval would be difficult?
Yes - it will still be difficult.

First of all, while there was an announcement regarding the restrictions being lifted for immediate family members, the experiences on this forum is that these restrictions often aren't being applied and travel is still being categorized as non-essential.

Also, even before the restrictions, it was generally still very difficult to get a TRV approved with an active spousal sponsorship application in progress.

Reactions: k.h.p.

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Yes - it will still be difficult.

First of all, while there was an announcement regarding the restrictions being lifted for immediate family members, the experiences on this forum is that these restrictions often aren't being applied and travel is still being categorized as non-essential.

Also, even before the restrictions, it was generally still very difficult to get a TRV approved with an active spousal sponsorship application in progress.
Thank you very much @scylla for your insights. I am really confused whether to apply TRV for my wife or not. Let's say I apply and irrespective of the outcome will it impact the sponsorship application in any way?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you very much @scylla for your insights. I am really confused whether to apply TRV for my wife or not. Let's say I apply and irrespective of the outcome will it impact the sponsorship application in any way?
A refusal will not negatively impact the PR application. As long as you don't mind losing the application fee, there is no harm in applying.

Reactions: Smd91_