+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa

fatimak123

Nov 21, 2017
Hi,
I applied for a visit visa for Canada for me and my daughter 6 year old from United Kingdom where i am a Permanent Resident but am a Pakistani passport holder. Reason given were my travel history and my reason for visiting Canada were not strong enough for the Visa. I am now thinking of reapplying with reason provided as accompanying my husband who is a British Citizen and has an ETA In the previous application he was not travelling with usso had provided proof that my daughter is allowed to travel with me alone.
Firstly do you think it would effect my visa result and also if he due to work commitments cant travel with us would they still let me take my daughter with me if i supply a valid letter when travelling.
Regards
Fatima

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I applied for a visit visa for Canada for me and my daughter 6 year old from United Kingdom where i am a Permanent Resident but am a Pakistani passport holder. Reason given were my travel history and my reason for visiting Canada were not strong enough for the Visa. I am now thinking of reapplying with reason provided as accompanying my husband who is a British Citizen and has an ETA In the previous application he was not travelling with usso had provided proof that my daughter is allowed to travel with me alone.
Firstly do you think it would effect my visa result and also if he due to work commitments cant travel with us would they still let me take my daughter with me if i supply a valid letter when travelling.
Regards
Fatima
Hi,

You'll need to post more details.

1. How long did you want to visit + why are you visiting?

2. Do you have relatives/family members in Canada? If yes, have they provided an invitation letter + any other documents?

3. When did you apply?

4. What documents did you submit?

5. What is your personal/professional situation: Are you employed/business/studying? Do you own property? Do you live with family members who are dependent on you? Is your daughter enrolled in school? Have you traveled to countries outside Europe such as the US, Australia, NZ, etc?

Cheers

fatimak123

Nov 21, 2017
Hi,

Thankyou so much for your response following are the details as inquired

1. My visit is for 15 days 10 working days and two weekends so from 15th of December to 31 of December. Purpose is tourism.
2. No I was just hoping to just visit since my husband came earlier this year as a tourist and recommended.
3. I applied last week Wednesday 15th November.
4 I submitted a hotel reservation, my passport ,my Indefinite Leave to Remain card copy, my salary slips ,my employment letter, my tenancy agreement where me and my husband joint tenants, my university letter of completing my MSc from University of Westminster London , my daughters details her passport her ILR card my husbands British passport copy his salary slips a letter of authority from him to take my daughter for the visit..
I also submitted a family form with details of my husband and all my children,my daughters birth certificate who was born in UK. My husband is a Senior Network engineer earns 80 k plus I am an Embedded firmware/hardware engineer and recently completed my MSC in Microelectronics System Design and have been working since February 2017 in UK and earn 28 k.
I have 2 more kids besides the youngest who is travelling with me the rest are 8 and and 12 and will not be travelling with me. I have not travelled anywhere besides UK and Pakistan and this was my first trip abroad as had a hectic last few years with studies and family life but apparently and ironically I haven't travelled enough for the Canadian visa authority to travel to Canada :). And Finally my children all go to school and that is why the rest cant travel as they will have holidays later.

The only thing is I need to find out is whether the visa application will be treated independently as my situation does not change the only thing I add to the visa application is my husband ETA .

Regards
Fatima

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. My visit is for 15 days 10 working days and two weekends so from 15th of December to 31 of December. Purpose is tourism.
2. No I was just hoping to just visit since my husband came earlier this year as a tourist and recommended.
4 I submitted a hotel reservation, my passport ,my Indefinite Leave to Remain card copy, my salary slips ,my employment letter, my tenancy agreement where me and my husband joint tenants, my university letter of completing my MSc from University of Westminster London , my daughters details her passport her ILR card my husbands British passport copy his salary slips a letter of authority from him to take my daughter for the visit..
I also submitted a family form with details of my husband and all my children,my daughters birth certificate who was born in UK. My husband is a Senior Network engineer earns 80 k plus I am an Embedded firmware/hardware engineer and recently completed my MSC in Microelectronics System Design and have been working since February 2017 in UK and earn 28 k.
I have 2 more kids besides the youngest who is travelling with me the rest are 8 and and 12 and will not be travelling with me. I have not travelled anywhere besides UK and Pakistan and this was my first trip abroad as had a hectic last few years with studies and family life but apparently and ironically I haven't travelled enough for the Canadian visa authority to travel to Canada :). And Finally my children all go to school and that is why the rest cant travel as they will have holidays later.

The only thing is I need to find out is whether the visa application will be treated independently as my situation does not change the only thing I add to the visa application is my husband ETA .

Regards
Fatima
Hi Fatima,

Your application will be assessed separately from your husband's eTA. TRVs and eTAs are two different visa processes + any visa application is individually assessed for its merits.

I recommend you go through these links to get some pointers before you reapply:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-supporting-documents.518090/#post-6369563

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visa-rejection-for-wife.508926/#post-6252754

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canada-trv-visa-from-london-uk-help-bryanna.440801/#post-5428918

You could then re-post the list of documents which you intend to submit

Cheers

Priya PAtel

Jul 2, 2018
Hi,

Regards
Fatima
Hi Fatima, what was your WES EVALUATION for ur masters degree from university of Westminster London ?? I have a masters degree too and wanted to know what is canadaian equivalency