Visit Visa to Student Visa--- HOW?

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

I went here in Canada under TRV just because I need to do an assessment exam for nurses in Nova Scotia. I already got my result, now they want me to do bridging studies for about a year so I can be familiarize in the Canadian Health System, they will send me for some courses and do internship in hospitals on the last months of the course. What do you think is my next move? Can I apply for a student visa inside Canada? If no, can I apply in the nearest Canadian embassy which I assume is the US? Or should I go back to my home country which is the Philippines where I haven't resided for three years. Or should I submit the application to Saudi where I lived and worked for three years? Where should I go and where should I process it? Or do you guys think I should just extend my visit visa? As the college said I can study even without student visa since it is a bridging course? What should I do? Please help! Thanks guys! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ainex_francois said:
Hi!

I went here in Canada under TRV just because I need to do an assessment exam for nurses in Nova Scotia. I already got my result, now they want me to do bridging studies for about a year so I can be familiarize in the Canadian Health System, they will send me for some courses and do internship in hospitals on the last months of the course. What do you think is my next move? Can I apply for a student visa inside Canada? If no, can I apply in the nearest Canadian embassy which I assume is the US? Or should I go back to my home country which is the Philippines where I haven't resided for three years. Or should I submit the application to Saudi where I lived and worked for three years? Where should I go and where should I process it? Or do you guys think I should just extend my visit visa? As the college said I can study even without student visa since it is a bridging course? What should I do? Please help! Thanks guys! :)
1. The college is wrong, you need a study permit.
2. You also need a medical as you will be doing internships in Hospitals.
3. So you can apply in either Saudi or Manila. You could try applying via US office, but note having no ties to the US may result in a refusal.