+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa refused should disclosed upon re submitting

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
Hi, my visit Visa application got rejected in Mar 2007 from Abu Dhabi that time I was single and didn't had travel history but I'm still living in UAE since more than 17 years and doing business and travelled Europe 3 times (1 time with my wife n kids) now just last week we got US visas for 5 years too, so I hv plan to submit Canada visit Visa with family (first we go to US for 1 week and 1 week for Canada n back to UAE in 2 weeks) and my question is should I disclouse in application that I got rejected earlier though many years have been passed? Plz advise. Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi, my visit Visa application got rejected in Mar 2007 from Abu Dhabi that time I was single and didn't had travel history but I'm still living in UAE since more than 17 years and doing business and travelled Europe 3 times (1 time with my wife n kids) now just last week we got US visas for 5 years too, so I hv plan to submit Canada visit Visa with family (first we go to US for 1 week and 1 week for Canada n back to UAE in 2 weeks) and my question is should I disclouse in application that I got rejected earlier though many years have been passed? Plz advise. Thanks
YES, you absolutely must. Failure to do so may result in a 5-year ban.

Note that the question does not specify a time frame (e.g. "Any refusals in past 5 years"), which means you must disclose ALL refusals in your LIFETIME.

People here have received 5-year bans even when they failed to mention that their parents applied for them as children/dependents and they got rejected.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I think its better you go USA and come back with family and apply later for Canada then you will get trv i hope

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
And remember never tell lie or hide any thing which is asked in application because your all previous application information is in their record

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
Thanks for your valuable replies... 1 more clarification when last time I applied I got invitation letter from one of my relative (real elder brother of my brother in law) who is Canadian national and he send attested invitation letter to me and my brother in law n his family (my brother in law n family too got rejection) with same reasons but later within few days they applied again and got visas. So now my purpose is only tourism and will travel to Toronto only (and my brother in law family lives in monterial) so should I need to mention that I hv relatives in Canada though they r not my immediate family?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Thanks for your valuable replies... 1 more clarification when last time I applied I got invitation letter from one of my relative (real elder brother of my brother in law) who is Canadian national and he send attested invitation letter to me and my brother in law n his family (my brother in law n family too got rejection) with same reasons but later within few days they applied again and got visas. So now my purpose is only tourism and will travel to Toronto only (and my brother in law family lives in monterial) so should I need to mention that I hv relatives in Canada though they r not my immediate family?
First go to usa.u have usa visa

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
Yes I hv decided. But later when i apply should i mention about relative as i mentioned above? I would definitely apply as tourist

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No need if your wife is not travelling with you. This is too far of a relation from you.

Hirfan

May 27, 2019
Really appreciate your prompt response.
My wife and 2 kids will travel with me.. and just clarification that relative is from my sister in laws (my sister husband elder brother) not from my wife side