+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa refused after visa pasted on Passports

zohaib90

Apr 27, 2017
Hi Members,

I am in a strange situation, where our (my and my spouse's) visit visas were submitted on 2 May 2023 and were approved on 13 Sept 2023 and we submitted the passports for visa pasting. Visas were pasted from VFS Dubai and we received our passports back. Our Travel plans while submitting application was 15 to 30 Aug 2023 but visas were not approved at that time.

So on 24 Oct 2023, I received an email stating that "there is an update in your profile" I logged in and there was a new correspondence letter in the portal, and the status was mentioned Refused.

Then I opened the new correspondence letter it mentioned I regret to inform you that I rejected your visa and so on.... and below are the two points mentioned.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your previously issued visa has been canceled and is not valid for travel to Canada.

I was stunned that we got our visas and were refused after approval although visa are pasted on our passports and the gap between approval and refusal are 1 month and 10 days, all genuine documents with strong profile established job and property owner in Dubai.

Then I instantly raised webform and requested for GCMS note, but no reply till now. I called IRCC they told me it could happen if the visa officer changed his mind, I mean visa officer changed his mind after 1 month and 10 days and after the visas were pasted. How many days GCMS notes are delivered these days? I know the time mentioned is 30 days but any luck to receive early?

Please guide me on what shall I do.