+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa refusal :/

Kan786

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hey Guys !! I applied for my mom’s visa this April and it got refused. I need to know if this is normal to happen this kind of abnormal activities in the immigration . If so they need to be sued. I have invited my mom from Pakistan . Attached my notice of Assessment for the last 5 years along with a heavy bank statement . Immigration gave me a time window of one moth to the provide them the financial proof which was already sent . Anyway they gave me a time limit if one month and with in a week I took out the fresh bank statement and the same day I got an email that your mother visa is refused . Like how the heck they could refuse the visa with in a week where as they gave me a time limit if one MONTH ?? If some one has dealt with the same immigration problem please share

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What were the refusal reasons? Have you ordered the GCMS notes to see the detailed refusal reasons yet? If not - you should do that.

What financial proof did your mother provide herself? (Typically IRCC doesn't just want to see your financials but also wants to see your mother has sufficient funds available.) How long was her planned visit to Canada? What proof of ties did she demonstrate to her home country? Has she previously traveled to countries requiring visas such as the US, UK?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Looks like you may have obtained your PR status through a refugee claim. If that's the case, that unfortunately makes it very difficult for family members to visit on a TRV. Because you came to Canada with a temporary visa and then claimed refugee status, there's a concern family members will do the same. I would definitely apply for the GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind the refusal.

Kan786

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Thank you for your reply !! The refusal reasons were Non sufficient funds . My mom had properties back home and I attached those documents plus my tax documents and bank statement . But yes I agree with you that my mom didn’t attach her bank statement statement . My point is that if they gave me a ti e limit if one month and refused the visa with in a week. No I didn’t complaint to any one nor try to appeal I just got so disappointed . It’s been six years I have not seen my own family .let me tell you that I am a protected refugee here. So I can’t go back to see them . Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply !! The refusal reasons were Non sufficient funds . My mom had properties back home and I attached those documents plus my tax documents and bank statement . But yes I agree with you that my mom didn’t attach her bank statement statement . My point is that if they gave me a ti e limit if one month and refused the visa with in a week. No I didn’t complaint to any one nor try to appeal I just got so disappointed . It’s been six years I have not seen my own family .let me tell you that I am a protected refugee here. So I can’t go back to see them . Thanks
She really needs to show her own funds.

I would definitely order the GCMS notes before you reapply.

Reactions: Kan786

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
What exactly did the letter for the bank statement state? Did the visa office question any transaction or the bank balance? It is unusual of the visa office to give one month to submit a new bank statement

Reactions: scylla

Kan786

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Yes the refusal reason was insufficient funds . Which was not the case cause I had enough money in my account and I make decent money every year so I attached my Tax assessments of last 5 years . Also my mom added property documents which she has back home. I sent immigration all the documents and after month and half they asked me to provide the source of income and bank statement cause they didn’t get . I sent them those documents already but i arranges the fresh bank statement with decent amount in it than with in one week as I was about to send the document I got a message in the portal that my mother visa has refused despite of the fact that they gave me one month time window. I applied online for that ..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes the refusal reason was insufficient funds . Which was not the case cause I had enough money in my account and I make decent money every year so I attached my Tax assessments of last 5 years .
For TRVs, the applicant's/visitor's financial situation matters more than the hosts' finances.

Also my mom added property documents which she has back home. I sent immigration all the documents and after month and half they asked me to provide the source of income and bank statement cause they didn’t get .
If you applied online, it's not possible that your documents didn't reach IRCC. In fact, IRCC will receive any/all documents submitted even for paper applications.

I sent them those documents already but i arranges the fresh bank statement with decent amount in it than with in one week as I was about to send the document I got a message in the portal that my mother visa has refused despite of the fact that they gave me one month time window. I applied online for that ..
There are no restrictions if relatives/family members of refugees apply for visitor visas/TRVs. That said, it is the prerogative of IRCC to refuse such applications on the (unstated) grounds/balance of probablity that these applicants might claim asylum just like their relatives did.

Inadequate finances is probably only one of the refusal reasons. You would want to order GCMS notes.

I agree with @scylla. Your PR status through a refugee claim would make it quite difficult, if not impossible, for your family members to get temporary residence visas

Reactions: scylla

hobo-mobo

May 29, 2018
CIC refused 600 000 TRV applications in 2017. Unfortunately, the refusals are much more common than we can imagine :(

Reactions: Kan786