+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa or Tourist visa

varu19

Dec 29, 2017
Dear Friends,

I need some information for visa to my child, who is 15 months old.
I would like to relocate to Canada along with family. As I, received a new job offer from Calgary.
Me and my wife hold a Canadian PR and we are looking forward to move there.

My child requires a Visa to enter Canada.

If i want to travel along with family to Canada, Can i apply for Tourist visa for child to enter Canada. and then initiate the process of PR for her in Canada, once i join the job in Calgary?

Kindly guide me.

Regards,
Varu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can try but a TRV is not guaranteed. You have to be compliant with your ROto sponsor your child. Not sure if you meet your RO if your child is 1.5 years.

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
Dear Friends,

I need some information for visa to my child, who is 15 months old.
I would like to relocate to Canada along with family. As I, received a new job offer from Calgary.
Me and my wife hold a Canadian PR and we are looking forward to move there.

My child requires a Visa to enter Canada.

If i want to travel along with family to Canada, Can i apply for Tourist visa for child to enter Canada. and then initiate the process of PR for her in Canada, once i join the job in Calgary?

Kindly guide me.

Regards,
Varu
Hello Varu,

I am in a similar situation and wanted to ask how did you resolve your child's VISA issue. Kindly let me know the process you followed to travel along with your child.

thanks in advance.

Abhishek

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Varu,

I am in a similar situation and wanted to ask how did you resolve your child's VISA issue. Kindly let me know the process you followed to travel along with your child.

thanks in advance.

Abhishek
You need to try for a TRV, if denied try for a TRP, if denied one parent must go to Canada and sponsor the child and remain in Canada during the sponsorship. In order to sponsor your child you must be compliant with your RO. When did you actually get PR?

Reactions: anishtrip

varu19

Dec 29, 2017
Hello Varu,

thanks in advance.

Abhishek
Hi Abhishek,

I applied for TRV for my child. And luckily it got approved.

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
You need to try for a TRV, if denied try for a TRP, if denied one parent must go to Canada and sponsor the child and remain in Canada during the sponsorship. In order to sponsor your child you must be compliant with your RO. When did you actually get PR?
Hello,
Thanks for responding.

I got my PR in March, 2018 and I am now travelling alone to Toronto on 4th Sep, 2020. Once there I plan to apply for child sponsorship.

I think I will meet the RO requirement of 2 years.

About showing financial capability of taking care of my child - Can I show funds in my Bank a/c (Canadian Bank + Abroad) or do I necessarily need to have a job/ salary in Canada?

anishtrip

Jan 16, 2017
Hi Abhishek,

I applied for TRV for my child. And luckily it got approved.
Thanks Varu for responding back. I have not decided to travel alone to Canada and start child sponsorship process.

Have you started the sponsorship process?