+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa or super visa? Urgent...

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
AOA. I am a pr of canada. I want my parents to visit me urgently. I want to know among ,visit visa or super visa, which one is better and can be accepted easily by visa officer in less time?
and what will be the duration for each visit visa or super visa? i mean for how long they will be valid?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

HAMZA111 said:
AOA. I am a pr of canada. I want my parents to visit me urgently. I want to know among ,visit visa or super visa, which one is better and can be accepted easily by visa officer in less time?
and what will be the duration for each visit visa or super visa? i mean for how long they will be valid?
1. Super visa up to 10 years, 2 year stay as a visitor.
2. Visit visa, anywhere from single to multiple entry valid from 3 months to 5 years. Usually 6 months entry as visitor on entry.

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. Super visa up to 10 years, 2 year stay as a visitor.
2. Visit visa, anywhere from single to multiple entry valid from 3 months to 5 years. Usually 6 months entry as visitor on entry.
and what r the processing times for both? and which one has the better chances of approval?

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
I think the processing time depends on your parents' country of residence. I think its better for you to apply them for super visa. Its good for 2 years already without renewal unlike visit visa that is good for 6 months only per entry.

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
iamcherrie said:
I think the processing time depends on your parents' country of residence. I think its better for you to apply them for super visa. Its good for 2 years already without renewal unlike visit visa that is good for 6 months only per entry.
but the problem for super visa is that i should have job in canada. but i have no job in canada. i just recently moved to canada and applied for pr card.

is it possible to apply for super visa without my job here in canada?

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
I see now the problem. You cant sponsor your parents if you dont have a job in Canada because you have to provide a written commitment of financial support and should meet a minimum income threshold. If you dont have job there, how will you support your parents' stay and for how long will they stay with you?

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
iamcherrie said:
I see now the problem. You cant sponsor your parents if you dont have a job in Canada because you have to provide a written commitment of financial support and should meet a minimum income threshold. If you dont have job there, how will you support your parents' stay and for how long will they stay with you?
they have sufficient funds with them. is it possible they will show there own bank statements to show VO funds available?

I want them to visit me at least for 1 yr. after that i can sponsor them with my own bank statement

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
Are your parents from a visa-exempt country? If not, with sufficient amount of money on their pockets, they can apply for TRV and make sure they:

•have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
•be in good health;
•satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;
•satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit; and
•have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

For more information, you may refer to cic.gc.ca website.

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
Also, dont forget to write a letter of invitation to your parents. Though letter can help, it does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. Having strong ties to the home country really matter the most.

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
thanks for your help. my parents are from pakistan. should they request VO to issue visit visa for 1 year or not?

what is the duration for visit visa usually they issue?

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
you can state in your invitation letter how long you want your parents to stay with you.. But it is safer to state in your letter that your parents will stay for a short period of time, lets say for 1 month only.. With that, VO will not suspect that you really aim to have them stay with you for 1 year.. However, the duration of their visit is still in the discretion of the office at the point of entry in canada.. That officer might stamp your parents' visit visa for the shortest of 2 weeks or six months as the longest depending on the circumstances which are out of our control.. you may however extend their visit visa one month prior to its expiry to another six months..