+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa of my mom refused

Sheenza

Jun 19, 2019
Hi, my brother came 2 and half years ago on visit visa and I issued him an invitation letter. He didn't return and file a refugee case. He stayed with us for a week and started living with his friends. Now my mother has recently applied for a super visa and it got denied based on the four reasons purpose of travel, no employment history, financial status and ties in Canada. Someone told me that I am flagged because my brother didn't return so I should not apply for my mother's visa. Another person suggested to reapply and address the concerns. I dont know how to address employment part as my mother was always a homemaker and never worked and I mentioned that in the application. Need advice please.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that your brother came to Canada and claimed asylum you can anticipate having problems getting any visa/permit approvals for any other family members. It will be assumed that they will claim asylum as well.

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

Sheenza

Jun 19, 2019
Thanks for your response. What should I do, how to address immigration concerns. My mother for sure is not gonna stay here as she has one son in Germany well settled and one daughter in Pakistan well settled. She definitely would go back. I lost my father recently and couldn't go due to family responsibility should I write in a supporting letter that I need my mother for some time to spent with me for emotional support. If I would go I could only stay for 3 weeks as I have work and it would not be enough time for me. Need advice. TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately I don’t think there is any way your mother can apply for a TRV or super visa successfully because your brother has claimed asylum. You will need to be satisfied with visiting her and focus on qualifying to sponsor her for PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. What should I do, how to address immigration concerns. My mother for sure is not gonna stay here as she has one son in Germany well settled and one daughter in Pakistan well settled. She definitely would go back. I lost my father recently and couldn't go due to family responsibility should I write in a supporting letter that I need my mother for some time to spent with me for emotional support. If I would go I could only stay for 3 weeks as I have work and it would not be enough time for me. Need advice. TIA
Unfortunately there are quite long term consequences when a family member applies for asylum. 3 weeks is better than nothing but would anticipate having to visit your mother in Pakistan.

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hi, my brother came 2 and half years ago on visit visa and I issued him an invitation letter. He didn't return and file a refugee case. He stayed with us for a week and started living with his friends. Now my mother has recently applied for a super visa and it got denied based on the four reasons purpose of travel, no employment history, financial status and ties in Canada. Someone told me that I am flagged because my brother didn't return so I should not apply for my mother's visa. Another person suggested to reapply and address the concerns. I dont know how to address employment part as my mother was always a homemaker and never worked and I mentioned that in the application. Need advice please.
Hi could you please help me with the Link to get all the application form for my mom application as a visitor? Paper based