+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa- more than twice avg processing time

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
Applied for visit visa at CHC New Delhi through VFS on april 9th. Average processng time is shown is 9 days and its been more than one month. They have our passports too. what to do. Any body with similar experiences. Please help.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any emails from them requesting any info yet in ur spam folders etc ?

call the embassy or email them.

U should have done ir long back though. Nvm

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
Thanks propain and Smartlife,

I did send CHC delhi case specific email, no reply till now other than confirmation of receipt. I will call VFS today and see what they have to say. Thanks again.

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
Hello All,

Finally consulted local MP office to request the status, and they posted the passports the next day and two days later we received passports with visa stamped.

Thanks all

Omega123

Star Member
May 8, 2014
krishnaemp said:
Hello All,

Finally consulted local MP office to request the status, and they posted the passports the next day and two days later we received passports with visa stamped.

Thanks all
Hi krishnaemp,

M in the same situation as of yours..I applied for my spouse visitor visa on 12th of June and still it is showing "In Process"..My wife mailed CIC 2 times but no response from them.Which local MP office you are talking about?? Are u talking about MP Office in Canada??How did u contact them? Kindly reply.

gods1lady02

Jul 10, 2014
I will be applying for Visitor's visa in canada anytime this week. I am A Filipino working as a nurse here in Riyadh for four years now.

I have the following questions. I was asking this questions in other forum/thread but I havent received any reply yet. I hope you can help me with this.

1. My husband is currently working in canada as a foreign worker and his working visa will be valid until august 2015. The thing is, his present employer is different from what is being written in his LMO and working permit. He is still processing for his new LMO from his new employer. I just want to ask if it is ok that He will be the one to give me the sponsor/invitation letter for my visit? Or, I will just ask my aunt who is already a resident in canada to give me the invitation letter? But, I am just worried that CIC will wonder why my husband is not the one who is sponsoring me when in fact he is in canada. I am planning though to submit two invitation letters, from my husband and from my aunt.

2. Regarding the proof of funds, would it matter or will CIC wonder if you have a very big amount of money in your bank account? I just applied for loan and was approved already. So, ill be getting significant amount in this case. Will the CIC question this one? Is it necessary also to show my bank account in my home country which is Philippines or my Saudi bank account is enough already.

3. I will be on vacation this August 15-Sept 9 going to Phil. So, I cannot submit my passport but I can provide the copies only. WIll it affect my application? My intended flight for canada will be on nov 17-dec 29, 2014

4. Which is better way to apply? Online or submitting your application on the embassy?

I am looking forward for your response in all my questions and it would be highly be appreciated.

Regards,

bc_applicant7

Oct 30, 2013
krishnaemp said:
Hello All,

Thanks all
Just to confirm, you applied for your parents visitor visa in India but contacted your Canada MP to request for the details on the application?

Were you the representative for the Visa application submitted in India?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
bc_applicant7 said:
Just to confirm
Omega123 said:
Hi krishnaemp,
Roy.Quiz said:
we applied may 30th and still waiting.... where did u call exactly?
That post is from early June, he hasn't been around since then.

Please check the date of the post you are answering to, to avoid these situations.

gods1lady02 said:
1. My husband is currently working in canada as a foreign worker and his working visa will be valid until august 2015. The thing is, his present employer is different from what is being written in his LMO and working permit. He is still processing for his new LMO from his new employer. I just want to ask if it is ok that He will be the one to give me the sponsor/invitation letter for my visit? Or, I will just ask my aunt who is already a resident in canada to give me the invitation letter? But, I am just worried that CIC will wonder why my husband is not the one who is sponsoring me when in fact he is in canada. I am planning though to submit two invitation letters, from my husband and from my aunt.
Yes it would be strange but if your story adds up then nothing to fear.

Be honest. If you are visting your husband then your husband should write it, the same for your aunt, if you are visiting both then the double invitation letter will be a good idea.

Don't try to outsmart CIC.

gods1lady02 said:
2. Regarding the proof of funds, would it matter or will CIC wonder if you have a very big amount of money in your bank account? I just applied for loan and was approved already. So, ill be getting significant amount in this case. Will the CIC question this one? Is it necessary also to show my bank account in my home country which is Philippines or my Saudi bank account is enough already.
They want to see 2 things, 1) you have enough money for your stated purposes, 2) you have an steady income. If you can show all this in one statement then do so, if not use two, three or as many as you need.

If you are receiving a large amount all of the sudden add supporting documentation that explains where the funds are coming from and WHY you need them.

gods1lady02 said:
3. I will be on vacation this August 15-Sept 9 going to Phil. So, I cannot submit my passport but I can provide the copies only. WIll it affect my application? My intended flight for canada will be on nov 17-dec 29, 2014
You need to provide your passport when it is requested. There is a window of 30-60 days to submit it or the approved VISA will be discarded.

gods1lady02 said:
4. Which is better way to apply? Online or submitting your application on the embassy?
Online.

M

mikeymyke

I've always thought online was better and faster, but it seems based on people's experiences here, and what my wife saw at the Canadian consulate in Vietnam, it appears applying in person is the faster way. Don't know why that is, maybe its because they get the actual documents immediately, but online, they have to print them out or do some kind of extra processing.

Also when applying online, there's no option to submit extra documents aside from having to cram everything into a single upload and have it be under 4MB.

gods1lady02

Jul 10, 2014
Jalex23 said:
That post is from early June, he hasn't been around since then.

Please check the date of the post you are answering to, to avoid these situations.

Yes it would be strange but if your story adds up then nothing to fear.

Be honest. If you are visting your husband then your husband should write it, the same for your aunt, if you are visiting both then the double invitation letter will be a good idea.

Don't try to outsmart CIC.

They want to see 2 things, 1) you have enough money for your stated purposes, 2) you have an steady income. If you can show all this in one statement then do so, if not use two, three or as many as you need.

If you are receiving a large amount all of the sudden add supporting documentation that explains where the funds are coming from and WHY you need them.

You need to provide your passport when it is requested. There is a window of 30-60 days to submit it or the approved VISA will be discarded.

Online.
Thank you so much for your response. I appreciate it a lot. I have some clarification though.

1. I am just worried that regarding the status of my husband because he is now working in the different employer and his new lmo and working permit are not yet approved. That is why im thinking that on the safer side,we will not send an invitation letter coming from him. But, do you think cic will wonder if my invitation is not coming from him?

2. Regarding online application, what makes it better than sending application in papers? Can you send me the link as to where i can apply online? I am not sure if i am having the correct website for online application.

Thanks a lot.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
gods1lady02 said:
1. I am just worried that regarding the status of my husband because he is now working in the different employer and his new lmo and working permit are not yet approved. That is why im thinking that on the safer side,we will not send an invitation letter coming from him. But, do you think cic will wonder if my invitation is not coming from him?
All those concerns are not an issue... but ok.

Yes. They will wonder why are you going to Canada and not visiting your husband. If your paperwork is solid enough then nothing to worry about.

gods1lady02 said:
2. Regarding online application, what makes it better than sending application in papers? Can you send me the link as to where i can apply online? I am not sure if i am having the correct website for online application.
You don't lose time with mail.

All addresses come after assessing the test http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Hey Just FYI: It is my understanding that some countries don't allow you to apply online. They require you to use their client at their Visa Office. So check first if your country allows it.