+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for siblings and 5 yr old niece

OrangeLemon

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
FAM
Hi, my mom is turning 60 this year, and we're (our family/relatives here) throwing a big party for her. She has 3 adult kids back in Philippines (my siblings), all of them has kids already.

Is it okay to apply all three of them (and one toddler) at the same time? Is there any possibilities to get approved?

My first plan is to apply my sister and her 5yr old daughter first (she's bringing her daughter because no one will look after, no husband), but I am not entirely sure if she will get approved, she doesn't have any properties/financial. We will provide 100% of their expenses (shelter, food, plane tickets, etc.) But she has 5yrs+ full time job until now, She's a Medical Lab Tech.

Are these enough?
- her job and her daughter's school to prove they're going back (she can't stay longer in Canada as well anyway)
- she only have one international travel (singapore)
- I'll write a letter of invitation, and my mom's letter of invitation together with her real 60th birthday party invitation?
- she doesn't have money. Is it okay to provide my husband, mine and my mom's NOA/proof of income?
- should I provide our address where they will stay? We rent a whole house, we don't have our own house.

Also, if my sister and her niece get approved, can I do the same thing with my mom's 2 sons? (just his 2 sons, not bringing any dependants)

- both have kids and wives
- both travel/work in other countries (asian countries)
- one has business (registered)
- one is a musician

same procedure, (we'll provide 100% expense, and our proofs of income. they can't provide financial proof.

That's all! That's why I am not sure if I can apply them all one by one or at the same time or if they will get even approved. I really want them to be there on our mother's party. I want to make my mom super happy. And all she think about every time is her kids. And it's breaking my heart.

I need advice. Thank you in advance!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
First up, to improve approval chances, each applicant has to show that they can afford the trip themselves—it’s a bad idea to hint that you will be providing 100% for all of them. I know, it’s a common Filipino thing to do—the best you can do is to show that you can *support* their trips, but the burden is on each individual adult to show his/her financials: at least CAD$1000 per week plus round-trip airfare is the rule of thumb.

Your sister and niece are obviously the difficult case. Please read up in the Visitors section of this forum (you are in the forum for US-based applicants) for similar cases. It’s not impossible but it’ll be difficult because of her lack of funds.

Just my opinion, I know it’s a common trick on this forum, but I don’t think the order of application matters because the VO will all cross-reference them somehow. I would suggest for them to apply all together and reference the other siblings in the application. Can the brothers kind of show that they will also be pooling for the sister’s and niece’s travel together with you? That will establish it more as a family trip, ideally.

Also observed on this forum is that the Manila VO tends to be a bit more sympathetic for family matters than others: you can use it a bit, but don’t lean on it too much. Read the cases on user joeythecat’s in-laws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just to add to @bellaluna's reply:
Each application will be evaluated for its individual merits. As your siblings are married, their applications will be not be evaluated together as a family, but as individuals.

I agree with bellaluna. Your sister and her daughter are the difficult cases. Maybe she could apply without her daughter.

Your mom's two sons can apply simultaneously/shortly after your sister applies. They seem to have better chances of approvals.

If you need more advice, you could post the list of documents for each individual applicant so we can advise about the gaps in the evidence/explanations. And, yes, do go through joeythecat's posts for his brother-in-law's application and the recent successful case of his mom-in-law. It might help

Reactions: bellaluna

OrangeLemon

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
FAM
Hi @bellaluna and @Bryanna

Thank you so much for taking time to respond. Appreciated

Yes, I will post all the list of documents we can possibly gather. Also, can our dad also support them even if he’s in the US? We have properties in the Philippines but named after our dad. Or just give them $1000 each? We’re planning them to stay 1 week or two. Sorry for my dumb questions, I’m still in the learning process for this app.

Thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @bellaluna and @Bryanna

Thank you so much for taking time to respond. Appreciated

Yes, I will post all the list of documents we can possibly gather. Also, can our dad also support them even if he’s in the US? We have properties in the Philippines but named after our dad. Or just give them $1000 each?
Unfortunately, no to all questions.

We’re planning them to stay 1 week or two.
Visit plans must be definite, not flexible nor open ended. Also, an applicant would not spend considerable money for plane tickets, visa expenses, etc. for a one week visit.

A visit of max. 3-4 weeks might seem more realistic and convincing (assuming it is supported by hard evidence of reasons to return to the Philippines)

Reactions: bellaluna

OrangeLemon

Oct 11, 2016
Category........
FAM
Unfortunately, no to all questions.

Visit plans must be definite, not flexible nor open ended. Also, an applicant would not spend considerable money for plane tickets, visa expenses, etc. for a one week visit.

A visit of max. 3-4 weeks might seem more realistic and convincing (assuming it is supported by hard evidence of reasons to return to the Philippines)
good point! thank you again.