+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISIT VISA FOR PARENTS FROM THE PHILIPPINES

mrs.wilson

Nov 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Good day. I have some few questions that I need to ask especially from those who have experienced the same situation.

I have received my PR status in May 2016. In the application I have put a different date for my mom's birth date. We have always celebrated her birthday on February 16. But just recently she found out it in her birth certificate that her actual birthday is February 5. Now my questions are as follows:

1. Will it affect my PR status here should we apply for my mom's visitor visa?
2. Should we explain to CIC what happened? if so, what should we say?
3. Can I apply, on their behalf, the visa application online? Should we need the "Use of Representative" form?
4. They don't have money in the bank account, but they are receiving pension from SSS, is that enough proof of financial status on their end?

Thanks so much and hoping to receive valuable response.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Will it affect my PR status here should we apply for my mom's visitor visa?
No, it won't affect your PR status.

2. Should we explain to CIC what happened? if so, what should we say?
Yes, you can email IRCC to request for her date of birth to be changed in your records. You must include copies of her birth certificate + passport.

3. Can I apply, on their behalf, the visa application online? Should we need the "Use of Representative" form?
You can create online account(s) for them and apply like as if your parents are applying. The 'Use of Representative' form won't be necessary in this case.

4. They don't have money in the bank account, but they are receiving pension from SSS, is that enough proof of financial status on their end?
For TRVs, applicants must prove they have the financial resources to afford the visit (income, rental income, pension, financial investments, etc). That said, we've noticed that the Manila VO is a bit more easier on this aspect unlike other visa offices.

However, your parents must prove they have strong ties to return home to (property/land ownership + dependent family, such as minor unmarried children or elderly grandparents + some family event that's scheduled after their visit + return to renew their pension, if that's the case) + do keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max

Cheers

Reactions: Lovie_cat

mrs.wilson

Nov 10, 2014
Thank you so much Bryanna. Follow up questions:

1. Should I update her birthday first in IRCC or I can apply her visa at the same time? Would you mind sending the link for the IRCC update page. Will they say this is some kind of fraud or something? I am anxious about it.
2. My parents doesn't have money in the bank and is only receiving pension, will that be enough?
3. Should I also provide my bank statements? I am currently on Maternity Leave.

Reactions: Lovie_cat