+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa for Parent - I have COPR

haideriqbal

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Background:
I applied for Canadian PR and got it this past week. I am currently in the process of sending my passport to have the PR Visa stamped on to it. I will be flying around May/June next year for my first soft landing and I want my mother to fly in with me. My father has passed away and I have no brothers and sisters. My mother herself has a job in our country of origin and has enough financial means to finance the trip herself.

Queries:
1) What are the chances for her getting the Visa? I am planning on applying for the super visa if possible.
2) Has anyone done this before? Any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Only comment would be that your are getting ahead of things by thinking about a super visa before you have even landed as a PR as a super visa can only be granted for the parent/grandparent of a PR or citizen so not applicable if you want your mother to accompany for initial landing.

She will need to apply for a standard visitor visa and same as everyone else no guarantee it will be approved simply due to the fact you will be landing as a new PR. She/You need to review the other posts on the forum in the visitor section for tips on applying which primarily revolve around ties to home country, financial ability during stay and purpose of visit plus recommendation to only suggest a 2/3 week stay.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would very strongly recommend that you travel on your own and invite your mother for a visit once you have been living in Canada for a number of months. If you apply now, there's a good chance CIC will be concerned you are trying to move her to Canada with you and refuse the application.

As explained above, you do not qualify for a super visa. You must be living and working in Canada (and meet the minimum income requirements) to qualify for a super visa.

canadiandream2018

Jul 6, 2018
Background:
I applied for Canadian PR and got it this past week. I am currently in the process of sending my passport to have the PR Visa stamped on to it. I will be flying around May/June next year for my first soft landing and I want my mother to fly in with me. My father has passed away and I have no brothers and sisters. My mother herself has a job in our country of origin and has enough financial means to finance the trip herself.

Queries:
1) What are the chances for her getting the Visa? I am planning on applying for the super visa if possible.
2) Has anyone done this before? Any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.
Did you apply for visitor visa for your mother?Did they approve?

saif_jlt

Dec 5, 2016
Is there any update on this? In a similar situation myself.

Do you apply for a TRV for your parents? What was the outcome?

Landing this month and would like to have my parents visit me as they are anyway travelling to meet my brother in US.