No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
Hi All,

I am applying for my wife’s visitor visa and we got married in Dec last year.
I think I have to provide extra details such as sponser letter, my statement of funds, my work and residence proof plus a statement of purpose.

What should I present as a proof of residence?

I dont have a driver’s license, and neither a rental agreement. Just have the bank statements and work pay slips

I can ask for a rental agreement to my landlord as a self made document and get it signed from them but they havent listed their property as a renatl property or anything, its just a basement apartment that I am renting and they are known to me.
Do you think a rental agreement of such sort will work where we have basic details and signature of both parties?

Any responses appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I am applying for my wife’s visitor visa and we got married in Dec last year.
I think I have to provide extra details such as sponser letter, my statement of funds, my work and residence proof plus a statement of purpose.

What should I present as a proof of residence?

I dont have a driver’s license, and neither a rental agreement. Just have the bank statements and work pay slips

I can ask for a rental agreement to my landlord as a self made document and get it signed from them but they havent listed their property as a renatl property or anything, its just a basement apartment that I am renting and they are known to me.
Do you think a rental agreement of such sort will work where we have basic details and signature of both parties?

Any responses appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
What does your rental agreement have to do with your spouse? Have you applied outland? She needs to show her funds, ties to home country (job with approved leave, business, investment properties etc.), travel history. Being married to PR will weaken her chances.

iamkran

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
Nomination.....
26-04-2018
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
22-10-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
Upront with application
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-12-2015
[/QUOTE
What does your rental agreement have to do with your spouse? Have you applied outland? She needs to show her funds, ties to home country (job with approved leave, business, investment properties etc.), travel history. Being married to PR will weaken her chances.
For this visitor visa, the main intent is have an in land pr application once she is here and possibly convert to work permit.

For sure, I will need to have a sponser letter for her. Which will indicate how I will manage her stay in canada, where i will accomodate and for that matter the agent I am working with asked for the address proof to be attached as a supporting document.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She cannot apply for a work permit until she applies inland, and gets AOR. Then she can apply. So she can be waiting many months for just TRV approval (high change of refusal). Applying outland may be faster and can work immediately.

For a TRV, she needs to show that she is visiting not coming to live even if it is your intent. There is no such thing as sponsorship for a TRV. You invite her to come and she shows her travel history, ties to home country, funds etc.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are viewing the situation incorrectly. Like any visitor your spouse must show that she has strong ties to her home country, her own funds, travel history, etc. to get approved. She has to essentially prove that she will only be visiting you temporarily and plans o returning home. This is why getting a TRV as a spouse of a PR ot citizen is difficult. It used to be almost impossible but during Covid it started to get easier. It is very difficult and expensive to deport people from Canada so Canada has traditionally waited for spouses to be approved for PR before being able to enter Canada. If there are any concerns about a relationship interviews are traditionally conducted out of Canada. This is to attempt to prevent immigration fraud. IRCC has a difficult balance to maintain between approving TRVs for spouses and preventing abuse of the immigration system. This can be especially difficult in cases where there isn’t a more Western-style dating history before marriage so it can be more difficult to determine what is a genuine relationship and what is a relationship for immigration purposes.