+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa financial issue

ibol

Jan 31, 2020
Hello all,
I want to apply for a visit visa for a business related trip to a summit for 7 days, problem is that I've been employed since 3 years but i only get paid in cash, i have around 5000 USD in cash BUT the recent problems in my Lebanon made the banks stop opening new accounts.

I've been told that i can get a paper from the bank that my father guarantees the spending on my trip there, would that be enough? note that he doesn't have much in the bank, it's an account that he gets his interest from the blocked account there.

Can i add another guarantor in my application? for example my sister? what are my options?

Help is much appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,
I want to apply for a visit visa for a business related trip to a summit for 7 days, problem is that I've been employed since 3 years but i only get paid in cash, i have around 5000 USD in cash BUT the recent problems in my Lebanon made the banks stop opening new accounts.

I've been told that i can get a paper from the bank that my father guarantees the spending on my trip there, would that be enough? note that he doesn't have much in the bank, it's an account that he gets his interest from the blocked account there.

Can i add another guarantor in my application? for example my sister? what are my options?

Help is much appreciated.
Unfortunately $5000 is unlikely to be enough to get a TRV especially given the economic situation in Lebanon. There will be concern you may be trying to remain in Canada to search for employment.

ibol

Jan 31, 2020
Unfortunately $5000 is unlikely to be enough to get a TRV especially given the economic situation in Lebanon. There will be concern you may be trying to remain in Canada to search for employment.
So what are my options? in this case does this mean all visit visas for people in Lebanon halted unless they're rich?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So what are my options? in this case does this mean all visit visas for people in Lebanon halted unless they're rich?
Wouldn’t say rich but well off or sponsored by spouse or parent. Unfortunately 5k will not go far in Canada.