+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit VIsa expires on August 31,2016

femirabel

Full Member
Sep 9, 2010
43
0
hello,

I just wanted to ask your thoughts , actually my visit visa will be expired on August 31,2016 . And I am planning to visit Canada on August 12,2016 until September 12,2016 ,
Can I still use my Visa even it will be expired on 31 of August.

Thanks .
 

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
128
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can go to Canada before 31st August 2016 but if you are going to stay there after this date you need to apply for visitor visa extension. They advise you to do this min. 30 days before expiry date. check this link for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
 

femirabel

Full Member
Sep 9, 2010
43
0
thank you .
but can i apply a new visit visa even my current visa is not expires yet just not to have an extension instead.
 

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
14,162
3,111
femirabel said:
I just wanted to ask your thoughts , actually my visit visa will be expired on August 31,2016 . And I am planning to visit Canada on August 12,2016 until September 12,2016 ,
Can I still use my Visa even it will be expired on 31 of August.
You can travel to/enter Canada anytime during the validity of your TRV.

How long you will be allowed to remain in Canada will depend on the immigration officer you meet at the POE.... if you are allowed to remain for 6 months (no handwritten date under the entry stamp) then it means you have visitor status for 6 months.... which does not depend on the expiry date of your TRV
 

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
128
0
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bryanna said:
How long you will be allowed to remain in Canada will depend on the immigration officer you meet at the POE.... if you are allowed to remain for 6 months (no handwritten date under the entry stamp) then it means you have visitor status for 6 months.... which does not depend on the expiry date of your TRV
Bryanna, so if the POE officer says you can stay until 30-Sept (written in passp of course), but the visa itself expires on 31-Aug, the date given by the officer is the valid one?
 

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
14,162
3,111
Hansi89 said:
Bryanna, so if the POE officer says you can stay until 30-Sept (written in passp of course), but the visa itself expires on 31-Aug, the date given by the officer is the valid one?
The TRV stamped/fixed in the passport is only an authorization to travel to Canada..... to remain in Canada, the immigration officer at the POE will determine whether the visitor should be allowed to remain for 6 months or less.

The immigration officer will then put an entry stamp in the passport.... normally, a visitor gets 6 months' visitor status.... and can remain in Canada even if the TRV has expired as long as the visitor status is valid.

If, for example, the passport will expire soon (i.e. passport validity is less than the 6 months' visitor status date) then the immigration officer will put a handwritten date under the entry stamp.... which will be up to the passport validity date
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
67,401
9,763
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hansi89 said:
you can go to Canada before 31st August 2016 but if you are going to stay there after this date you need to apply for visitor visa extension. They advise you to do this min. 30 days before expiry date. check this link for more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
This information is incorrect. How long the OP is allowed to stay will depend on the length of the visit granted at the border. It's quite possible / likely the officer will allow a visit that extends past August 31st.
 

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
178
5
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
This information is incorrect. How long the OP is allowed to stay will depend on the length of the visit granted at the border. It's quite possible / likely the officer will allow a visit that extends past August 31st.

Hi Scylla,
My spouse OWP applciation refused and the visa officer notes are below,
officer Notes:
spousal C42 laimed spouse UCI xxxxxxx on sa to 2019 Masters has been studying a masters since 2013.
was on coop does not appear to be in co-op now. has been working over 20 hrs per week while school in.
applicant married at 16 yrs late registration over one year later.

applicant has no employment housewife.
weak family ties and not satisfied sponsor could support tuition and living without working in canada.
Based on the information provided and accounting for the sociological, political and economic factors in the country of resident, I am not satisfied applicant is a bona fide temporary resident and will leave canada at the end of any authorized stay as per R179 of IRPA. Refused


Currently I am on co-op until Dec 2016, in the application I provided pay slips and letter from company, can you help me how can I defend this,

Thanks
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
67,401
9,763
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Khan81 said:
Hi Scylla,
My spouse OWP applciation refused and the visa officer notes are below,
officer Notes:
spousal C42 laimed spouse UCI xxxxxxx on sa to 2019 Masters has been studying a masters since 2013.
was on coop does not appear to be in co-op now. has been working over 20 hrs per week while school in.
applicant married at 16 yrs late registration over one year later.

applicant has no employment housewife.
weak family ties and not satisfied sponsor could support tuition and living without working in canada.
Based on the information provided and accounting for the sociological, political and economic factors in the country of resident, I am not satisfied applicant is a bona fide temporary resident and will leave canada at the end of any authorized stay as per R179 of IRPA. Refused


Currently I am on co-op until Dec 2016, in the application I provided pay slips and letter from company, can you help me how can I defend this,

Thanks
See a lawyer. CIC thinks you're working illegally.
 

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
178
5
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
See a lawyer. CIC thinks you're working illegally.
how can you see means that, can you explain me that.
Appreciated
Thanks
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
67,401
9,763
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Khan81 said:
how can you see means that, can you explain me that.
Appreciated
Thanks
spousal C42 laimed spouse UCI xxxxxxx on sa to 2019 Masters has been studying a masters since 2013.
was on coop does not appear to be in co-op now. has been working over 20 hrs per week while school in.
 

Khan81

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
178
5
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
spousal C42 laimed spouse UCI xxxxxxx on sa to 2019 Masters has been studying a masters since 2013.
was on coop does not appear to be in co-op now. has been working over 20 hrs per week while school in.
Thank you. I have co-op work permit expires 2019 and currently I am on co-op job. So lawyer will be appealing in court or he will help me in new application. I mean if there is away I can appeal in court.


Thanks
 

ghatti

Newbie
Jun 14, 2016
3
0
scylla said:
This information is incorrect. How long the OP is allowed to stay will depend on the length of the visit granted at the border. It's quite possible / likely the officer will allow a visit that extends past August 31st.
Hi Scylla
I got some what same what same querry

I got a 2 months Business visa -B1 for Canada that is from 27/06/16 to 31/08/16. Best part is I received my passport on 19th July after getting stamped by that time my half visa tenure was finished.

Good thing is I have to travel to Edmonton on 11/08/16 and returning on 15/08/16 and I am wonderng there will not be any issue because I will be only having 20 days visa left.

Please advise
Regards
Ghatti