+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit VIsa during PR application process

SnS

Jul 13, 2010
Hi,

I’ve got a query that I hope I can get answered on this website. My spouse lives in the UAE right now. I would like to sponsor him ASAP but once the application for PR has been submitted, can he apply for a visit visa? Will this delay the PR application process or will he be denied a visit visa to Canada?

Thanks.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
SnS said:
Hi,

I've got a query that I hope I can get answered on this website. My spouse lives in the UAE right now. I would like to sponsor him ASAP but once the application for PR has been submitted, can he apply for a visit visa? Will this delay the PR application process or will he be denied a visit visa to Canada?

Thanks.
Because he is from a country that requires approval of a temporary visa before travel to Canada, it's likely he'll be refused that both because of the marriage, and because of a PR ap in process. In other words, even if the PR ap is not yet in process, it's likely his visa would be denied because of his marriage to you. He will be unable to convince the assessing officer that he intends to leave you and go back to his home country.

However, simply applying for a visit visa shouldn't hurt the processing of his PR application. I would suggest, though, that if you're going to try, submit the temporary visa application before you submit the PR application.

SnS

Jul 13, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to know what the turnaround time would be for the PR application to be processed at the Abu Dhabi office.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
SnS said:
Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to know what the turnaround time would be for the PR application to be processed at the Abu Dhabi office.
The posted processing timeline for spousal aps through Abu Dhabi is 9-18 months after they receive the file from CPC-Mississauga. You'll benefit from the faster end of that processing if you include everything with the initial submission, and if the case has no complications.

SnS

Jul 13, 2010
Thank you for your response. My husband is an Indian national working in the UAE for the last 6 years. Would it be recommended to have him apply from the visa office in New Delhi, India as opposed to Abu Dhabi so that we can eliminate the 9-18 month wait time. He has police clearance certificates from both the UAE as well as India. Commuting to and from India should not be a problem.

jhun_nyor

May 24, 2010
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Ahabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2009
AOR Received.
Mar 17 2009
File Transfer...
Apr 26 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2010
Hi I was recently approved for a TRV; I am Filipino national being sponsored by my wife and currently residing in Abu Dhabi for the last 6 yrs.

Just make sure you write an invitation letter with detailed explanation about your spouse visit. That’s what my wife and I did.

On the letter we explain why I will leave Canada after my authorized stay. I attached employment certificate as well as letter from my company that I am due of my annual leave.
We also included bank statement + Car ownership documents.
Beside I will only visit my wife for 6 weeks. And maybe it also help that my wife is pregnant and is due this august. I applied on July 4 and was given TRV the same day. I will fly tonight to be with my wife.

Our file is already 14months in process…Abu Dhabi is really slow :(

Hope this helps