+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visit visa cancelled... what to do next ????

dimuthunuwan

Aug 8, 2017
Hi all,

please help me out on this situation.share your ideas/thoughts/experience to solve this problem. this happens to one of my friend.scenario as follows

*his wife got student visa for 2 years.so he wants to go there for initial settlement of his wife and come back to sri lanka.his elder brother also Canadian citizen and he living with his family in Toronto Canada.

* then he applied for Canada visit visa and granted visa for 6 months.(single entry - applied from sri lanka)

*in the mean time he got another job offer just 1 day before visa got stamped.

* so after got the offer letter/appointment letter from the new company he gave resignation to current company.

* subsequently Canada high commission contacted him and ask to come for meeting with regard to visa fraud information.

* then Canada high commission informed him saying that your current company management informed us that you've given resignation so will cancelled you visit visa immediately.

* then he produce the offer/appointment letter of new company and explain the situation.but unfortunately they cancelled the visa and ask to re-apply for visit visa.

so now he is in doubt what happen next ??? will they reject the visa again ?? or any chance to get visa ???

friends please share your thoughts/experience/ideas regarding this...

Thanks & Regards,

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
All he can do is reapply. The VO will assess his application based on the new information. If I were to guess, his chances of approval are low if he applies right away (weak employment ties given the new job). He should wait until he establishes himself in the new job (most people can't start a new job and take time off right away). I would suggest waiting At least 6 months before applying again. Given he was only given a six month single entry visa, you should assume the first visa was issued with some reservation already.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
in the mean time he got another job offer just 1 day before visa got stamped.

* so after got the offer letter/appointment letter from the new company he gave resignation to current company.
The applicant is expected to inform IRCC about any changes in his/her personal or professional situation before a decision is made. This means your friend should have immediately informed IRCC that he had resigned from the employment stated in his TRV application and he had taken up the job offer with the new employer.

Sorry but this entire situation seems somewhat implausible. The interview process (surely it was not just one interview), getting the new job offer, resigning from the previous employment..... could not have happened in a single day i.e. just one day before the visa was granted. Also, was he serving the notice period when IRCC contacted his previous employer? If yes, he must prove this when he reapplies.

IRCC would have sought the date of resignation from your friend's employer + verified that a job offer had been made by the new employer. If these details don't match up to your friend's claims then it could end up as case of misrepresentation.

If your friend wants to reapply, I suggest he must wait for at least 6-8 months. More importantly, when he reapplies his employment details must be the same as the new employer from whom he has the job offer

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i didn't get you. what do you mean by "employment fraud"
*Employment fraud*.... in the case of the OP's friend, IRCC suspected that he had provided incorrect/false information about his employment as he had already resigned before the TRV decision was made. That's why he was called for an interview.

If your refusal reasons were the typical, common ones such as Purpose of Visit, Travel History, etc then it's possible to overturn the TRV refusal easily with new evidence

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
i didn't get you. what do you mean by "employment fraud"
Your situation seems completely different to the OP's. His friend's visa was granted then cancelled due to employment fraud. Yours was first refused for some other reason then granted on the second try. Not sure why you posted here without providing any helpful details.

saki88

May 25, 2017
*Employment fraud*.... in the case of the OP's friend, IRCC suspected that he had provided incorrect/false information about his employment as he had already resigned before the TRV decision was made. That's why he was called for an interview.

If your refusal reasons were the typical, common ones such as Purpose of Visit, Travel History, etc then it's possible to overturn the TRV refusal easily with new evidence
by the way, now since i have got TRV. but i dont think i am going to use it because i had got it for conference which i have no more plans to attend because it is underway at the moment and i am late.

i wonder is it easy for me to get the TRV the next time i apply ? my current visa is valid for 6 month i guess.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
by the way, now since i have got TRV. but i dont think i am going to use it because i had got it for conference which i have no more plans to attend because it is underway at the moment and i am late.

i wonder is it easy for me to get the TRV the next time i apply ? my current visa is valid for 6 month i guess.
It's perfectly alright not to travel on your current TRV.

Your current single-entry 6 months' visa indicates that IRCC had issued this visa solely for the purpose of attending the conference. You'll need to provide a similar compelling reason/purpose of visit when you apply for a new TRV

dimuthunuwan

Aug 8, 2017
All he can do is reapply. The VO will assess his application based on the new information. If I were to guess, his chances of approval are low if he applies right away (weak employment ties given the new job). He should wait until he establishes himself in the new job (most people can't start a new job and take time off right away). I would suggest waiting At least 6 months before applying again. Given he was only given a six month single entry visa, you should assume the first visa was issued with some reservation already.

hi bluetruck,

thanks a lot for your detail explanation.we've some more queries ... so if you can your view/idea regarding this it's very much helpful for us...

1) hence he got 6 month visit visa and cancelled... so is it possible to apply and successfully grant new visit visa with in that 6 month period of time ???

2)is there a way to appeal against the decision already made by Canadian high commission ??

3)hence we need to get it done with in 2 weeks time ..... so is there a way to apply prioritize/express visit visa again ???

4)we are planning to Canadian high commission send a letter to that informing/explain the situation happen.... will it be negative impact or possitive impact in our future applications ???

again many many thanks for your very detailed explanation write to us and acknowledged every one in this forum...

Thanks & Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Yes - it's possible. But I agree with Bryanna, if you reapply immediately, the chances of refusal are likely quite high.
2) The appeal process takes a very long time (many months) and will cost you thousands of dollars. You should reapply instead.
3) No - there's no way to prioritize your application.