+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa approved

ali945

Jul 19, 2018
I am a Pakistani national currently residing in USA on student visa. My visitor visa application for Canada has been approved and I received the passport request. My timeline is as follows:

Applied online >> July,11
Bio-metric done >> July,13
Review of eligibility started >> July,18
Application approved >> July,18
Passport submitted at NYC VAC >> July, 18

Now, I am waiting for my passport to be stamped and returned.

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
No medical exam was required.
Okay. Thanks for telling me. Just don't understand why my representative is asking my minor cousin to do an upfront medical to submit with his visa application

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get notice that biometrics were received?
I gave biometrics but didn't get confirmation that they were received.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Okay. Thanks for telling me. Just don't understand why my representative is asking my minor cousin to do an upfront medical to submit with his visa application
A parent of your minor cousin must apply on his behalf. Not a representative nor yourself.

Again, medicals are not required for short visits/TRVs

ali945

Jul 19, 2018
Did you get notice that biometrics were received?
I gave biometrics but didn't get confirmation that they were received.
I saw the status changed to completed in my account on the same day. There was no email sent to me about the status update.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O
I saw the status changed to completed in my account on the same day. There was no email sent to me about the status update.[/QUOTE

Ok Thanks.
One more question, I'm submitting to NY embassy online. Why did send your passport to VAC instead of directly to the embassy? Are you close to the VAC? Can I send my passport to VAC even if I live in another state?
Thank you for your help

ali945

Jul 19, 2018
You have to submit the passport to the VAC and they forward it to the embassy. You have three options to submit your passport in USA:
1) Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario
2) Visa Application Centre (VAC) in New York
3) Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Los Angeles

I live in NY so my choice was NY VAC. You can sent them by courier as well from any state. Check the following for more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#U

I believe embassy no longer accepts passports directly.

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Th
You have to submit the passport to the VAC and they forward it to the embassy. You have three options to submit your passport in USA:
1) Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Ottawa, Ontario
2) Visa Application Centre (VAC) in New York
3) Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Los Angeles

I live in NY so my choice was NY VAC. You can sent them by courier as well from any state. Check the following for more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html#U

I believe embassy no longer accepts passports directly.
Thanks. I didn't know that! Last time I applied for a visa I sent my passport to NY embassy directly.