+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit visa applying second time from within Canada

doctorA

Jul 8, 2017
Hello,

I am an international student and have recently in May 2018 completed my one-year diploma from Ontario. Based on one year program I will get only one year of PGWP. I was thinking to go for further studies but could not get the suitable program. Now I have only two options either to apply for PGWP which I don't like to apply now as it is once in a lifetime chance.
I am thinking to apply for visit visa from within Canada so that I could find a suitable program for the winter session. This visit vis purpose would be I could get some time and I can stay here and search for different study programs which I help me in long run. I just don't want to get admission to any certificate program and waste a huge amount of international student fee.
I would like to know can I apply for visit visa from within Canada? I am on student visa these days but it will expire on August 31, 2018. what are the requirements for visit visa? how long will I get visit visa?

Plz, can anyone suggest about this? I am very concerned and worried :(

Thank you in advance

dipeshp87

Jul 6, 2018
Well, first of all, a visitor visa is a visa for the purpose of visiting the country. You have to show a reason as to why you will return to your home country. If you show that you are prolonging your stay just to find other opportunities to reside in Canada, I doubt they'll even issue you a visitor visa. The only thing I can think of is to find another program fast and extend your study permit. After that apply under the 1+1 rule, where you will have 2 years of study under your belt and they may issue you a 3-year work permit. This is just my opinion, I'm in no way an immigration expert. I'd recommend you talk to an immigration lawyer to know your options.

Reactions: doctorA

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Agree with above, you should probably enroll for any slightly related course you can find at this point, if you wanted to have choices should have applied much sooner. Call around/go to all the colleges one of them must have something that suits you.
Also I think even if you get a visitor visa returning to student might be another problem later.

Reactions: doctorA

doctorA

Jul 8, 2017
Thank you for the response. I am trying to find sth even slightly related to my field but as my visa is expiring soon. I have to decide soon.
I probably will apply for PGWP then in the worst case.
what are requirements for PGWP?
How long is processing time?

Thank you

doctorA

Jul 8, 2017
Thanks for the response. Do you guys know any good and reasonable lawyer in Ontario?
Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance!