+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

lianleya

Feb 24, 2016
Hi everyone, looking for support from this group. Want to apply for a visitor visa to one of my parents. I filled all the steps with personal and family information but the supporting documents window that is generated at at end looks a bit odd. Under "Supporting documents" there are fields for National Identity Document and Passport/travel document, but nothing for proof of funds or proof of relationship.

Under Optional documents there are 3 fields: Consent personal information, Additional Information and Employer letter field. The Employer Letter field asks to submit a letter from employer that will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time.

Is this some sort of a mistake? I'm just applying for a visitor visa for my parent.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Stu234

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I need advice regarding visitor visa. My father had one refusal back in 2020 and I'm planning to apply this month for my convocation. Does my father need to explain the purpose of coming to Canada and also address previous reasons in that letter Or does "addressing refusal reasons" means just not repeating those mistakes in the new application. I see many people on the forum mentioning "that one should address refusal reasons after ordering GCMS notes"? Also, do my parents need to write a letter from their end explaining their purpose of visit?
Kindly please clarify.

time.pass1970

Jan 22, 2020
Hey folks, need some guidance.
I applied for my parents and brother (tourist visa) under the same application on the new portal.
A couple of days ago, dad's and brother's visa was approved but mom's hasn't been approved yet.

Anyone else has experienced this? If yes, how long did it take for the remaining application to be approved?

Appreciate any comments.Thanks

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Hi everyone, looking for support from this group. Want to apply for a visitor visa to one of my parents. I filled all the steps with personal and family information but the supporting documents window that is generated at at end looks a bit odd. Under "Supporting documents" there are fields for National Identity Document and Passport/travel document, but nothing for proof of funds or proof of relationship.

Under Optional documents there are 3 fields: Consent personal information, Additional Information and Employer letter field. The Employer Letter field asks to submit a letter from employer that will hire you to work in Canada for a specific period of time.

Is this some sort of a mistake? I'm just applying for a visitor visa for my parent.

Thank you in advance!
This is standard, not a mistake. We just left the inapplicable fields blank (eg employer letter etc.). Attached most of the supporting documents/invitation letter in the additional information section. Hope this helps!

Reactions: lianleya and Stu234

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Yes, gcms states the reason as the purpose of the visit is “poorly documented” and my father’s establishment to his country. The reason probably was the agent documented $2000 whereas we had $10,000. We also included the bank statement at that time but probably the officer didn't even look at it.

Should I address this? and any advice on how can I do that? Do I need to share the old statement of 2020 or Need m father need to write a letter explaining the reasons for refusal?
@Naturgrl Kindly please advise. Thank you so much!

oakville2019

Jul 3, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-Jun-2019
I have this status tracked through VFS website in passport stamping process - Your application, tracking ID No. ##**## has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2022/02/25

4 working days have passed. Does anyone know how much time it takes in new delhi ircc office these days to get stamping done and passports sent back to vfs office?
3 weeks

Reactions: niravrocky
Oct 29, 2021
I added job letter, reason of coming, leave application at work
Thank
I added job letter, reason of coming, leave application at work
Hi
One more question if you don’t mind

I am applying for Outland sponsorship. Is it good ideas to apply for visitor visa before applying sponsorship or should I wait ?pCould you sent me document on my email priyankamecwan12@gmail.com if it is ok?

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Yes, this is helpful. Thank you so much!

Liana
Also, I wanted to add that while they may not have asked you for a proof of relationship, if you have one (your birth certificate e.g.) attach it in the additional documents any way. Same thing for proof of funds. They did ask for it for my parents. Just in case so your application is not delayed. Good luck!

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Please suggest me, I am in trouble and confused.

I submitted my parent's super visa application on 1st March and just on the 2nd day, I noticed that I made a mistake on my mother's middle name spelling. I quickly submitted a webform to correct the name. Till today, we haven't reviewed any updates on name correction. We also received biometric letters on 2nd March.

Now Should they wait for the name to get corrected and then go for biometrics? Or can they ask the officer at the biometric center to get it corrected?
If anyone here had the same kind of situation, please suggest to me what should I do.

Thanks

Last edited:

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
visitor visa for inlaw
applied through gckey: august 15 2021
biometric: august 30 2021
no progress till date, standard response for webforms not much helpful info, processing time of 90 days that ircc says on their website is passed long back.

new application through ircc portal: Feb 26 2022, waiting game again.
it was a real surprise as i didnt expect it to be so quick, ppr request march 05 2022 on new application submitted on feb 26 2022. old gc key application says withdrawn at same time. this application is for my inlaw.

i have another application for my parents with applicate date from august 2021 where i did not re-apply on ircc portal and thats still in progress with no change. location: hyderabad, india

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
Please suggest me, I am in trouble and confused.

I submitted my parent's super visa application on 1st March and just on the 2nd day, I noticed that I made a mistake on my mother's middle name spelling. I quickly submitted a webform to correct the name. Till today, we haven't reviewed any updates on name correction. We also received biometric letters on 2nd March.

Now Should they wait for the name to get corrected and then go for biometrics? Or can they ask the officer at the biometric center to get it corrected?
If anyone here had the same kind of situation, please suggest to me what should I do.

Thanks
recently with webforms i was seeing a reply from ircc only after a month after submitting web form, not sure if it will be any different in your case as its name correction. if i was in your situation i would ask vfs center to see if they can make correction at biometric center by showing passport as proof, if not webform should be end goal anyways.

Reactions: Ankur

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hey folks, need some guidance.
I applied for my parents and brother (tourist visa) under the same application on the new portal.
A couple of days ago, dad's and brother's visa was approved but mom's hasn't been approved yet.

Anyone else has experienced this? If yes, how long did it take for the remaining application to be approved?

Appreciate any comments.Thanks
Same situation. In my case, same application for parents, father’s visa approved but mom’s is still pending. Has been over 2 weeks now. Please share if you have any updates or get any info on whats happening.. :(

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
it was a real surprise as i didnt expect it to be so quick, ppr request march 05 2022 on new application submitted on feb 26 2022. old gc key application says withdrawn at same time. this application is for my inlaw.

i have another application for my parents with applicate date from august 2021 where i did not re-apply on ircc portal and thats still in progress with no change. location: hyderabad, india
Wow that was quick, you applied on your own or via external counsel ?