+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Oct 29, 2021
My spouse got her TRV.

planning to apply for parents now. Can you please help me with few things, if you don't mind?

1. Do we need to submit their birth certificate?
2. If yes, in case it's not in English and there is no possibility of getting in English, any alternative doc?
3. I submitted TRV of wife myself, so is there any difference between in that app and app for parents ?
4. Parents are retired now so what did you show for strong ties?
5. Any other tip for parents' TRV ?

Thank you for your help.
Hi
I am planning to apply for my spouse visitor visa through new portal . can you guide me? what have you submitted as proof that spouse will leave country when visa will expired?

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
So an update on the second and third applications applied through GCKey on December 25th, 2021 and IRCC portal on January 13th, 2022 respectively:

The "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements ". Not sure when this change happened since I had not logged in for the last 2 weeks so must have been over that time and we got no email notification either, but still seems to be some progress.

Does anyone know how long it takes from here on out? Thanks!
Finally PPR request!

First application submitted November 2020. No progress really.

Second application submitted December 25th, 2021 (GC Key/Old portal)
Biometrics linked from the old application so did not need to re-submit.
The eligibility review started on Feb 1st, 2022.
PPR request March 4th, 2022.

Seems like they are processing December 2021 GC Key applications at least at the moment and there seems to be about 30 days between eligibility review and PPR request. Hope this helps!

All the best!

Reactions: Ashsan and Cyfa

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
Finally PPR request!

Seems like they are processing December 2021 GC Key applications at least at the moment and there seems to be about 30 days between eligibility review and PPR request. Hope this helps!

All the best!
So first application was on portal or GC key? Also did you apply again on January too?

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
So first application was on portal or GC key? Also did you apply again on January too?
1st application Nov 2020. GC key (portal wasn’t in service at the time).
2nd application Dec 2021. GC Key. That’s the one that was approved.
3rd application Jan 2022. IRCC portal. No decision on it.

Reactions: Cyfa

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Infant’s TRV - Eligibility review started since Feb 24th and no updates.
Any idea how long is the wait?
please share your timeline..

adgrys

Star Member
Feb 16, 2022
congrats, which country have you applied from?

Summer50

May 6, 2018
Why you need to apply again for the TRV this year ? (as your parent's application was already approved last year. So they didn't get 10 years visa? Also did you provide photographs in the new portal?

Summer50

May 6, 2018
Finally PPR request!

All the best!
Congrats ! Did you provide marriage certificate for you parents? And how much funds did you show if you don't mind sharing? Thanks

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Why you need to apply again for the TRV this year ? (as your parent's application was already approved last year. So they didn't get 10 years visa? Also did you provide photographs in the new portal?
The application was not approved last year. It was approved today.

We applied through GCKey in December 2021 but then found out about the new portal specifically for expedited visas for family reunification purposes hence applied through it again in January at the advice of IRCC. (You can go through my previous posts on this thread for further details, if that helps).

No, did not upload pictures in the application through IRCC portal.

Last edited:

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Congrats ! Did you provide marriage certificate for you parents? And how much funds did you show if you don't mind sharing? Thanks
Yes, provided the original and attested English translation of the marriage certificate. Regarding the funds, I think it was around 30-40K CAD.

Reactions: Summer50

hanah nguyen

Mar 4, 2022
I have just applied for visitor visa for my parents through IRCC portal and had a problem at payment step. The payment was declined and even stop working. I had to sign out and sign in again and saw pending status. I can not click on any button to continue. Anyone have the same problem can give me an advise what should I do now? Wait or re-submit?
Thanks

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
I have just applied for visitor visa for my parents through IRCC portal and had a problem at payment step. The payment was declined and even stop working. I had to sign out and sign in again and saw pending status. I can not click on any button to continue. Anyone have the same problem can give me an advise what should I do now? Wait or re-submit?
Thanks
If the payment was declined for sure, then wait a while (maybe till tomorrow) and re-try. Sometimes the system crashes and takes time to recover.

Reactions: hanah nguyen