+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)
That was fast! Congratulations!

Shan121

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hello, I am New Member to the Portal, Just want to share timeline for visitor visa of my Mother and Grandmother
File Submitted online- 14th Feb
Biometric Request- 15th Feb
Biometric Done and Status Completed- 21 Feb
Visa Approved, PPR Request - 25th Feb (Today)
May I ask what is the country of origin?

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello to all,
I am hassan from Pakistan. i want to get information regarding my refusal from experts. i have applied for visitor visa to meet my parents living in Canada on 5th Feb. he is seriously ill and have brain surgery few months back. Also attached doctors letter. My mother is also there and both are aged and getting permanent treatment.
I have selected the option that i want to visit Canada to meet my loved once who are critically ill. I got refusal letter on 09 February which seems un realistic refusal reasons. It seems that no one reviewed my application and due to any filters in the computer they send me refusal letter & based on following points they think that i will not leave their country.
1. ties to Canada & to your home country
2. travel history
3. not satisfied with current employment situation

i have attached my travel history for 4 countries Thailnad, Japana, Duabi, Turkey & Saudi Arabia for religious tour. Have 1 car on my name worth 15000 CAD & a house on my name worth 50000 CAD. I have also attached proof via valuation of these assets and ownership documents. My Tax returns having assets more than 42000 CAD excluding my liabilities. Also attach rental agreement. Attach my job ex pakistan leave. Also attach bank statement with 10000 CAD for last 4 months.
I reapplied on 19th Feb by submitting the genuine replies to their un realistic reasons but also get refusal 2nd time just after 2 days with couple of new reasons of refusal after 2 days which are as under:
1. purpose of visit
2. personal assets (even i have attached valuation reports & ownership proofs of my assets)
3. based on family ties in canada and pakistan

i am now 100% sure that they have some systematic refusal letters by applying some filters on our applications. what u said. i then request for reconsideration and received an emailed that they have appointment a person to review my application and will respond in 30 days whether to reopen my application or not. what u think is there any chance now or still same refusal. please suggest.

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Hello everyone! I applied for my parents visit visa in Oct 2021 under one application, even though they have different application numbers. My dad’s visa was approved on feb 17th, but my mom’s is still pending. Anyone faced this? Its already been so long and even now my mother’s isn’t moving, its not making sense.

Keepsthefaith

Sep 17, 2014
anyone here whose parent just got a major surgery and currently recovering from it and receive a medical request? I applied my Mom for a Super Visa and just got a medical request. Will surgery affects the medical examination?

bindas123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
NB,Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
visitor visa for parent
applied through gckey: august 15 2021
biometric: august 30 2021
no progress till date, standard response for webforms not much helpful info, processing time of 90 days that ircc says on their website is passed long back.

new application through ircc portal: Feb 26 2022, waiting game again.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
I may be wrong but it looks like Visitor visa applications are being prioritized based on recommendations by algorithms instead of first come first serve basis. That may be a reason for substantial delays in many applications, as there will be always few new applications that will be prioritized/processed in few days while non-prioritized are not even being touched. Would have been really great if they integrated this with application process and informed people whether it will actually be processed at all.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/digital-transparency-advanced-data-analytics.html

Reactions: angelinyc11

kprkunal

Jul 28, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
08/11/2017
AOR Received.
04/01/2018
Med's Request
12/01/2018
Med's Done....
18/01/2018
Hi Guys, did anybody recently apply for their parents' visitor visa through the IRCC portal? Under the activities tab, they ask for work history, but there is no option for self-employed. Did anybody else face this issue? I need to know which option to select. I appreciate any help you can provide.

kprkunal

Jul 28, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
08/11/2017
AOR Received.
04/01/2018
Med's Request
12/01/2018
Med's Done....
18/01/2018
Hello,

I am a PR holder and want to apply visitor visa for my parents.
I am applying using the new portal and need some guidance on what to fill up in the Work/Activities history section. My father has a partnership Jewellery business with his family members, but I couldn't find an option from the provided list that I can use as work/activities. The only option I can see related to business is "Business Finance and Administrative Occupation". When I select this one, I can't find any matching Job title. Can someone please guide me on what I need to select for the work activities?. Or, I need to select as Unemployed and mention the job in the cover letter?

Appreciate the guidance..

Thanks,
SalSha
Hi, I am also facing a similar problem, did you find the correct answer?

Khadeen

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I may be wrong but it looks like Visitor visa applications are being prioritized based on recommendations by algorithms instead of first come first serve basis. That may be a reason for substantial delays in many applications, as there will be always few new applications that will be prioritized/processed in few days while non-prioritized are not even being touched. Would have been really great if they integrated this with application process and informed people whether it will actually be processed at all.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/digital-transparency-advanced-data-analytics.html
Not even this is true as i had visa before and it expired and I applied in June 2021 with no update, applied again Feb 13, 2022 still no reply. So them saying they are priortizing applications for persons that had visa before is not so.

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022

Yes. Automated Advanced Analytical Tool is used to process TRV applications. IRCC was using initially only for India and China TRV applications, and recently they have started using for all the countries. If applications are not considered as deemed routine, then it will go through standard regular processing where some IRCC officer will review the application.. Not sure on what logic they consider application for this tool..
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/services/ai-agenda/laferriere-eng.pdf

jacobprasad

Nov 15, 2018
Hi,
If I need to reapply for my parents visiting visa through the new portal, do I need to pay the fees again. Will they refund the fees for the old application..

Kashif_PK

Nov 15, 2018
Hello to all,
I am hassan from Pakistan. i want to get information regarding my refusal from experts. i have applied for visitor visa to meet my parents living in Canada on 5th Feb. he is seriously ill and have brain surgery few months back. Also attached doctors letter. My mother is also there and both are aged and getting permanent treatment.
I have selected the option that i want to visit Canada to meet my loved once who are critically ill. I got refusal letter on 09 February which seems un realistic refusal reasons. It seems that no one reviewed my application and due to any filters in the computer they send me refusal letter & based on following points they think that i will not leave their country.
1. ties to Canada & to your home country
2. travel history
3. not satisfied with current employment situation

i have attached my travel history for 4 countries Thailnad, Japana, Duabi, Turkey & Saudi Arabia for religious tour. Have 1 car on my name worth 15000 CAD & a house on my name worth 50000 CAD. I have also attached proof via valuation of these assets and ownership documents. My Tax returns having assets more than 42000 CAD excluding my liabilities. Also attach rental agreement. Attach my job ex pakistan leave. Also attach bank statement with 10000 CAD for last 4 months.
I reapplied on 19th Feb by submitting the genuine replies to their un realistic reasons but also get refusal 2nd time just after 2 days with couple of new reasons of refusal after 2 days which are as under:
1. purpose of visit
2. personal assets (even i have attached valuation reports & ownership proofs of my assets)
3. based on family ties in canada and pakistan

i am now 100% sure that they have some systematic refusal letters by applying some filters on our applications. what u said. i then request for reconsideration and received an emailed that they have appointment a person to review my application and will respond in 30 days whether to reopen my application or not. what u think is there any chance now or still same refusal. please suggest.
May be show other ties to home country like other siblings based in home country. Sorry, it's a difficult situation and I don't really know the answer. If I were in your situation, I would consult an immigration lawyer.

angelinyc11

May 23, 2019

Thanks for sharing!! This explains why some applications have been stuck for so long and some get approval within days..they need to stop experimenting with the applications to build their learning data..unacceptable