+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

deolvicky

Aug 8, 2017
I wish I knew.
We have three options:
1- do nothing and hope officer is gonna he OK
2- submit request to change with info through webform (not sure if this will delay the application or even get accepted)
3- withdraw and reapply!
I am leaning on option 2.
I'm sticking to option-1. I had already one webform for sending some additional documents which I missed during initial application. My parents have been to Canada a few times now and just below that selection they have a reason to visit me (which is quite explanatory that I'm non-dependent).

Fingers crossed

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
It is really sad to see the processing time increasing every week. For India, it was 70 last week, now 81.
I feel like applicants who are reapplying is also making it worse. Don't make a rush if you haven't waited more than 3 months. Please don't feel offended. I am just saying my opinion. I am also waiting since Nov.

varuncbe123

May 24, 2015
It is really sad to see the processing time increasing every week. For India, it was 70 last week, now 81.
I feel like applicants who are reapplying is also making it worse. Don't make a rush if you haven't waited more than 3 months. Please don't feel offended. I am just saying my opinion. I am also waiting from Nov.
But applications filed in January and February 2022 get decisions in 2-3 weeks, from what I see in other threads, so not sure if processing time of 81 days applies only for 2021 applicants

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
But applications filed in January and February 2022 get decisions in 2-3 weeks, from what I see in other threads, so not sure if processing time of 81 days applies only for 2021 applicants
From what I understood, they are processing applications from both portals equally. But since gckey has lot of backlogs they are still in Oct or Nov applications. And ircc is new and it doesn't have lot of backlogs. So they are able to clear it more smoothly. But applicants applying 2 or 3 times in different portals is actually making the time longer. IRCC doesn't have number of applicants as in gckey. 81 is the time taken for majority of applications they processed recently.

Kesiyasebastian

Sep 20, 2019
NL
I don't know if that is true. I have applied for my parents and sibling on Jan 16 and it's been a month now without any update after the biometric update.

Applied: Jan 16
BIL: Jan 17
Biometric updated: Jan 20

varuncbe123

May 24, 2015
From what I understood, they are processing applications from both portals equally. But since gckey has lot of backlogs they are still in Oct or Nov applications. And ircc is new and it doesn't have lot of backlogs. So they are able to clear it more smoothly. But applicants applying 2 or 3 times in different portals is actually making the time longer. IRCC doesn't have number of applicants as in gckey. 81 is the time taken for majority of applications they processed recently.
ok thanks, I applied via new IRCC portal, not GCkey, in Nov 2021.

Lisaken

Jun 14, 2019
Hi Everyone
I applied for visitors visa for my parents using the new portal
I applied Feb 4th 2022
BIL Feb 5th
Biometrics completed Feb 16th
Now waiting
Good luck to everyone

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
I applied Nov 1st week ircc portal for my parents, bio dec and still waiting for decision. In short, you cannot deduce anything about what and how ircc does processing :)

Reactions: Slowmoving

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I feel like applicants who are reapplying is also making it worse. Don't make a rush if you haven't waited more than 3 months. Please don't feel offended. I am just saying my opinion. I am also waiting since Nov.
You gotta do what you gotta do. It's not applicants fault. the onus is on IRCC, they need money and people are paying it. The system is not fair and can't expect everyone else to be saint either.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
How did you come to that conclusion? Do we have data points from IRCC? I'm just asking out of curiousity if these predictions are based on small sample size data biases.

Nikhil shah

May 4, 2016
Applied supervisa for in laws on Feb 08 2022 using new portal. Biometric done last year. Medicaid done with previous application for extension when they were in Canada.

today received passport request.
8 days in total.