+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Isha007

Apr 17, 2017
Hi All,
Which option to select for parents visitor visa application from the New Portal. Looks like the options have changed since I checked the last time in December.
These are the new relevant options, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

a. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
b. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
https://flic.kr/p/2n3jjVf
@scylla @canuck78

Last edited:

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Hi All,
Which option to select for parents visitor visa application from the New Portal. Looks like the options have changed since I checked the last time in December.
These are the new relevant options, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

a. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
b. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
https://flic.kr/p/2n3jjVf
@scylla @canuck78
Choose a .
Cz u r a non dependent child

rabrakha

Champion Member
Dec 4, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Ainp applied 18 may 2016, File No July,15, 2016. PR applied 29 dec 2016
Doc's Request.
August 22, 2016
Nomination.....
28 Sep 2016
AOR Received.
AOR PR 15 feb 2017
IELTS Request
6(R-5.5,W-6,S-6,L-6.5)
File Transfer...
5-dec-2013-GENERAL-UNIERSITY
Med's Request
pre medical done
Med's Done....
PR Med 8 Jan 2018
Interview........
Study visa 31-dec-2013
Passport Req..
PPR PP req and DM: sep 12, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
31-dec-2013
LANDED..........
13-january-2014, PR Landing: 7 Oct,2018
Hello
My brother got biometric validity letter yesterday(feb 11,2022)
applied on oct 28,21.
visiter visa from india.
i applied on behalf of him. i am PR.
Any idea how long till the final decision?
wen u applied? is the eligibility status under review?

RAJ KAUR090

Oct 20, 2021
wen u applied? is the eligibility status under review?
my brother has 8 lacks in his bank.a good job. he was coming to attend my wedding.
we got refusal letter today. i dont know what else to do to meet family member. i really wanted my brother to be present at my wedding. so disappointed.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Refusal Lette-rFebruary 12, 2022 ,
Biometric Validity LetterFebruary 11, 2022,
Biometrics Collection Letter November 1, 2021
Client Application SummaryOctober 31, 2021
Submission ConfirmationOctober 28, 2021

Last edited:

RC@new

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,
I am PR since 2018,came back to India after landing in Canada.Was planning to immigrate by 2020 but Covid happened flights were closed and I conceived in 2020 and gave birth in June 21.I want to immigrate back to Canada but I want my mother to come along to help with small baby.What option to select for VV application for baby and my mother since I am currently not in Canada,can I give invite letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am PR since 2018,came back to India after landing in Canada.Was planning to immigrate by 2020 but Covid happened flights were closed and I conceived in 2020 and gave birth in June 21.I want to immigrate back to Canada but I want my mother to come along to help with small baby.What option to select for VV application for baby and my mother since I am currently not in Canada,can I give invite letter?
You can’t invite her since you are not in Canada. She needs to show her own funds, travel history, ties to home country etc. She is not reuniting with you in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my brother has 8 lacks in his bank.a good job. he was coming to attend my wedding.
we got refusal letter today. i dont know what else to do to meet family member. i really wanted my brother to be present at my wedding. so disappointed.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
He has received almost every reason for refusal. Can’t respond since don’t know his profile but order GCMS notes.

sethi.77

Oct 19, 2020
usually the old application gets automatically withdrawn and u get and email saying the same, when they start considering your new application…but fee refund is not guaranteed
Hi we applied for Supervisa for mother on old portal on Sept6 2021. Now, if we apply through new portal, how to link old application with new one?

sethi.77

Oct 19, 2020
Hi All, Happy to share that my Mother's visitor visa application got approved !

Application filed: Dec 06, 2021
Biometrics: Dec 22, 2021
BVL & PPR: February 05, 2022
Hi congrats for approval,Can you please tell me if you had applied on new portal or old portal?

sethi.77

Oct 19, 2020
hi all I applied my parents visitor visa second time on new portal they don't have to give biometric cause they did it last year when I should receive any update any also how can I withdraw the first application that I applied through representative. thx
Hi, can you please tell me how did you link your file already in olr portal with the new portal file?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi we applied for Supervisa for mother on old portal on Sept6 2021. Now, if we apply through new portal, how to link old application with new one?
new application asks if u have uci number, enter there n it will fetch data like biometric, medicals(if valid)from your old application, but you will have to fill up all other details ( which will not b automatically fetched from old!) n also pay fee again. biometric n medical will not be linked immediately but most cases its seen updated in new application within a week, also when they start considering new application, you get email saying old has been withdrawn

Reactions: sethi.77

sethi.77

Oct 19, 2020
new application asks if u have uci number, enter there n it will fetch data like biometric, medicals(if valid)from your old application, but you will have to fill up all other details ( which will not b automatically fetched from old!) n also pay fee again. biometric n medical will not be linked immediately but most cases its seen updated in new application within a week, also when they start considering new application, you get email saying old has been withdrawn
Ok, really thanks for reply. Will i get refund? and while filing for new file, would i have to upload all teh forms , signed and scanned again?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Ok, really thanks for reply. Will i get refund? and while filing for new file, would i have to upload all teh forms , signed and scanned again?
fee refund i’m not sure, just go through all the threads here, recently i remember reading someone sharing how he got refund with receipt number etc

yes, u will have to upload all documents, fill in all forms…only valid biometric n medical will be carried over

Reactions: sethi.77

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Did you attach the following documents?
1. A proof for your wedding. Like a wedding card, or booking receipt for a Hall (any kind of proof that you are getting married)
2. Any kind of personal assets in country of residence
3. You said 8 lakhs, what was the length of stay you mentioned?
4. Job letter, salary slips, bank statements of your brother

sethi.77

Oct 19, 2020
fee refund i’m not sure, just go through all the threads here, recently i remember reading someone sharing how he got refund with receipt number etc

yes, u will have to upload all documents, fill in all forms…only valid biometric n medical will be carried over
Ok thanks for the info.