+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Annixx

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status. pls what does BASE ON YOUR IMMIGRATION STATUS MEANS?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Can a person still apply for a visitor visa if they have an active express entry profile? Just the EE profile, no any invitations or no PR applications yet.

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
My parents applications got approved Feb 8, 2022 through new IRCC portal
Old application through GCKey was automatically withdrawn - Jan 20, 2022
I tried to request refund using the payment receipt number - Feb 4, 2022
Refund received - Feb 9, 2022
Can you explain how you requested for refund?

ram0326

Feb 12, 2022
Looking for advise on my situation, please assist if possible.
"I got my canadian work permit last month and still in India waiting for my baby's birth(in couple of weeks). My employer wants me in canada by end of march,so if I apply visitor visa for my newborn based on my WP, will I be able to get the visa approved within a month ?
Also do i have to apply in the new IRCC portal for my newborn's visitor visa, since i heard the new portal is only for people who are already residing in Canada ? "

um31

Jul 29, 2020
Can you explain how you requested for refund?
1. I created a new account using the link https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do
2. Login to the created account
3. Click "Continue to Online Services"
4. Click "Request a refund" link
5. Select the following options:
Immigration, citizenship or a Canadian travel document for a non-Canadian
I paid using IRCC’s payment service and attached a receipt to my online application
6. Click "Sign in" link at the bottom
7. Will show an option to enter Receipt number. Enter you receipt number and Search
8. Click "Request a refund" and enter the details request.
9. You will receive a notification email

Hope it helps... all the best

Reactions: Cyfa and ipkonfig

ani8886

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
14-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2017
LANDED..........
19-11-2017
Hi, my in-laws (from India) had applied for visitor visa on portal on 6th Feb 2022. (they also had a previous application from Sep 2020, with biometrics done on Sep 2021).
Yesterday they got a passport request in their account. However, the VFS India website does not provide clear instructions on how/where to send the passports. Can someone please help, if they have any recent experience with submitting passports to VFS?
Thanks

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi, my in-laws (from India) had applied for visitor visa on portal on 6th Feb 2022. (they also had a previous application from Sep 2020, with biometrics done on Sep 2021).
Yesterday they got a passport request in their account. However, the VFS India website does not provide clear instructions on how/where to send the passports. Can someone please help, if they have any recent experience with submitting passports to VFS?
Thanks
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

Go through this page. You will come across the passport submission form. From what I understand, someone from BlueDart will come and pick up their passports to send it to one of visa processing centers in India. After getting the visa stamped, the passports will be returned to BlueDart. And BlueDart will return the stamped passports back to your in-laws' place.

ipkonfig

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
1. I created a new account using the link https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/ols/login.do
2. Login to the created account
3. Click "Continue to Online Services"
4. Click "Request a refund" link
5. Select the following options:
Immigration, citizenship or a Canadian travel document for a non-Canadian
I paid using IRCC’s payment service and attached a receipt to my online application
6. Click "Sign in" link at the bottom
7. Will show an option to enter Receipt number. Enter you receipt number and Search
8. Click "Request a refund" and enter the details request.
9. You will receive a notification email

Hope it helps... all the best
Do you know if IRCC will automatically refund or if we have to ask for the refunds from our end? I have two applications automatically withdrawn and I was under the impression that IRCC would refund the fees in the coming weeks.

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
hi everyone, do you need to go all the way one by one to reach uploading documents section? or is there a short cut? I tried to click on blue headings for each section but they do not take you where you want.

RAJ KAUR090

Oct 20, 2021
Hello
My brother got biometric validity letter yesterday(feb 11,2022)
applied on oct 28,21.
visiter visa from india.
i applied on behalf of him. i am PR.
Any idea how long till the final decision?