+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

reyhane al

Dec 17, 2021
Hi everyone. I have a question. Before January 15th, 2022, in the new portal, for parents' visitor visa, for the question: Why do you need a visa? There was an option: To unit with immediate family. But they eliminated that answer. So what is the correct answer now? I'm not PR. I have PGWP.

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
Was this using the IRCC Portal or GC key?
Hope its through the GC key and not through the new portal. If Oct files are getting cleared let's hope for the Nov files to be cleared this month for all the applications including kids TRV.. Fingers crossed..

Reactions: Ashsan

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hope its through the GC key and not through the new portal. If Oct files are getting cleared let's hope for the Nov files to be cleared this month for all the applications including kids TRV.. Fingers crossed..
it is mostly IRCC portal I believe looking at Oct backlog trend. GC Key backlog is not so much as most people reapplied on the iRCC portal after Sep 7

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
it is mostly IRCC portal I believe looking at Oct backlog trend. GC Key backlog is not so much as most people reapplied on the iRCC portal after Sep 7
I believe many would have applied in both the ways - gckey/new portal, even after Sept 7th. Hope IRCC will consider all the applications parallelly in both and clear the backlogs.

Kamna Thakur

Jan 31, 2022
Hello Experts,

I need help. I know this group is specifically for PGP, but I don't know who can help me with my questions better than this group. I had applied for my niece's visa in Nov 2021 through the new portal and she got a rejection today, she is 2 years old and her parents (my sister) already have a Canadian visa for 10 years and visited me in Canada twice.

1. The reason they gave is that she will not return after her stay.

I am pregnant and also had surgery in September, that's why calling my sister to come here and help me in the initial days. Can someone guide me on what should I do at this point? They said in the letter that I can reapply again and provide the reason.

Please please help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Experts,

I need help. I know this group is specifically for PGP, but I don't know who can help me with my questions better than this group. I had applied for my niece's visa in Nov 2021 through the new portal and she got a rejection today, she is 2 years old and her parents (my sister) already have a Canadian visa for 10 years and visited me in Canada twice.

1. The reason they gave is that she will not return after her stay.

I am pregnant and also had surgery in September, that's why calling my sister to come here and help me in the initial days. Can someone guide me on what should I do at this point? They said in the letter that I can reapply again and provide the reason.

Please please help!
Order GCMS notes (google it). Did you include a letter with the application, if so what did it say? Return after her stay may be because her mother has a visa so if she comes to Canada with her mother why would she/they return home.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I believe many would have applied in both the ways - gckey/new portal, even after Sept 7th. Hope IRCC will consider all the applications parallelly in both and clear the backlogs.
This is just insane. I have no clue what is happening anymore

Abajaj

Dec 16, 2018
I got BVL for spouse visa today Jan 23 also. Submitted on Oct 15 through New portal. Biometrics completed on Nov 18. Hopefully I get approved and get PPR soon. Pretty anxious now that I didn't get BVL and PPR at the same time.
Did you get your PPR? Can you please share your timeline? Thanks

um31

Jul 29, 2020
I had my previous gckey application withdrawn on jan 20, 2022 automatically. But no change yet on new portal for the second application. Has anyone else encountered the same and obtained ppr during this timeline?
First Application Submitted through GCKey - July 7, 2021
Second Application Submitted through New IRCC - Oct 22, 2021
First Application automatically withdrawn - Jan 20, 2022
PPR request for second application - Jan 30, 2022

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
Hi! New to this thread. Is there a spreadsheet with timelines?
I applied for my parents visitor visa in the new portal on January 17th. They already had biometric done.
Nothing has progressed and eligibility review hasn't started.
I thought on the new portal they respond within 30 days?