+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
Got trv for my spouse. PR file is in process as well..

File submitted on 10 Oct
Biometric on 13 Oct
Ppr on 12 Jan
Passport picked on 24 Jan
Reached vfs Delhi on 25 Jan
Processing at ircc on 28 Jan

Waiting now..!!! Does anyone have idea how much time will it take now from this status ?

oakville2019

Jul 3, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-Jun-2019

File submitted on 10 Oct
Biometric on 13 Oct
Ppr on 12 Jan

Waiting now..!!! Does anyone have idea how much time will it take now from this status ?
~3weeks max E2E

Reactions: vinay16

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TRV for my Sister-in-law and Nephew (Travel planned for May 2022 - Confirmed tickets attached with application)

Application Submitted: 26-Jan-2022
Biometric Received: 27-Jan-2022
Biometric Scheduled (Delhi): 03-Feb-2022
Confirmed Tickets Submitted: Y (May 2022)

Will keep this group appraised.

*Sister-in-Law had previously received TRV but didn’t travel to Canada
Purchasing tickets is not recommended until your TRV has been confirmed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Can someone tell me how to submit passports in India ? Is there any courier service available? We stay far from VFS and I dont want my parents travel physically to the centre now. Any other options ? I checked VFS services website, but did not find any help
You will be given instructions about how to submit your passport once requested.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am planning to apply for Visit Visa for Myself and my child. My spouse has applied for study permit and anticipating to get it by mid of April so he is on implied status currently.

I would like to know that can I apply for VV when my spouse on Implied status? and give reason of travel as Family reunification or should I say to attend spouse graduation ceremony? Which will be safer choice?

Thanks!
Are you employed? Is it good longterm employment? Do you have a good international travel history to countries like the US, UK, etc. what was your husband’s status before applying for the study permit?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Are you employed? Is it good longterm employment? Do you have a good international travel history to countries like the US, UK, etc. what was your husband’s status before applying for the study permit?
I have been working for more than 10 years and can provide ITRs. Have travel to the US and travelled to few asian countries on vacation. My husband was working in India in IT and he did master's from UBC. My SOWP in progress

Romeo4412

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Hi, Did you mention PR in process in your TRV? Please reply

File submitted on 10 Oct
Biometric on 13 Oct
Ppr on 12 Jan

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
When did you apply? I think IRCC is processing the applications with biometric fee paid / fully vaccinated with vaccination certificate provided. Not sure how people are receiving PPR for applications filed post Nov 2021..
There is no such logic. People are getting decisions randomly. I applied in Oct 2021

Kumar.22

Jan 31, 2022
There is no such logic. People are getting decisions randomly. I applied in Oct 2021
Have you have applied in the new portal? I'm not clear on GCkey login filing & this new portal for visitor visa. Can you tell me whats the difference? I think IRCC is currently processing only the applications filed using new portal..

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Have you have applied in the new portal? I'm not clear on GCkey login filing & this new portal for visitor visa. Can you tell me whats the difference? I think IRCC is currently processing only the applications filed using new portal..
Yes new portal

IRCC Portal is for immediate family unification

My friend applied for his new born on the New portal and got approved. I filed his application. Sep 14 he applied and Oct 25 PPR

It is just luck and fate

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I have experienced a different experience for passport submission for my parents, hence asking all the members if they or anyone they know have experienced the same.

So, the situation is my parents have submitted their passport through Bluedart and they reached VFS Kolkata location on Jan 31st. Today they got Acknowledgement and Tax Invoice only gor my father's Passport and the same is dispatched to IRCC office in New Delhi, but nothing for my mother's passport. My father is Principal Applicant and my mom is co-applicant. Is it common scenario that Primary Applicant's passport is dispatched to IRCC but not co-applicant's ?

I send several emails to passport submission department, their response is you'll get notification when the passport is dispatched.

If anyone has faced similar issue and can suggest if I can fo anything that'll be really helpful.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Yes new portal

IRCC Portal is for immediate family unification

My friend applied for his new born on the New portal and got approved. I filed his application. Sep 14 he applied and Oct 25 PPR

It is just luck and fate

Can you share link to the new portal?

MJAB

Sep 11, 2017
Hi everybody,

In a similar boat here. Parents of PR, applying for TRV to visit the child for 1 month.

First application via GCKey: November 24, 2020
Biometrics: Completed November 27, 2020
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements " for quite some time.

Reapplied via GCKey (unaware of the new portal): December 25th, 2021
Biometrics linked from the previous application
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

Bit the bullet and reapplied via IRCC Portal today: January 13th, 2022
Biometrics linked from the original application.
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Will keep updating.

All the best to everyone!
So an update on the second and third applications applied through GCKey on December 25th, 2021 and IRCC portal on January 13th, 2022 respectively:

The "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements ". Not sure when this change happened since I had not logged in for the last 2 weeks so must have been over that time and we got no email notification either, but still seems to be some progress.

Does anyone know how long it takes from here on out? Thanks!