+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I am PR and my husband is a canadian citizen. My brothers can have annual leave from his work in March. As for my parents, I don't want them to get tired of travelling since they are 60 and 80. If they don't like staying longer, they can go back with my brother once he leaves the country.
But haven’t answered the question…did your brother apply in a separate application from your parents showing his own funds, travel history, job, ties etc. In a past post, you said he was included in their application. If so,that may be one reason for refusal.

Tzar

Aug 31, 2019
But haven’t answered the question…did your brother apply in a separate application from your parents showing his own funds, travel history, job, ties etc. In a past post, you said he was included in their application. If so,that may be one reason for refusal.
sorry, yes, he has his own property , own funds, only travelling in Asia for history, he has job. I used the agent in back home to apply the application and they put my brother in the same file. That is right, he doesn't have his own application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
sorry, yes, he has his own property , own funds, only travelling in Asia for history, he has job. I used the agent in back home to apply the application and they put my brother in the same file. That is right, he doesn't have his own application.
So that is one reason as it is an automatic refusal since your brother needed to apply separately. Your agent should not have done that, and should know that anyone over 22 has to file separately.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
found this thread today

Applied for my parents

1st application via gc key : 30 Dec 2020
Biometrics completed : 14 September 2021
No update since

2nd application via IRCC portal : 3 Oct 2021
Biometrics didnt get updated
called ircc- they told someone from ircc needs to verify the biometrics and then they get updated
submitted web form to withdraw this application
Biometrics got updated on this application in dec 2021

3rd application via IRCC portal : 21 Dec 2021
Biometrics got updated after 2 days
Waiting since then.

Not sure what else I can do , this is so unfair and has anyone called IRCC to ask for the applications which exceeded the processing time?

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Sorry about that. What were the reasons for refusal? You say family so who applied and how many applications? See your brother is 27, he applies on his own as he is not under 22 and a dependant of your parents. That may be a reason for refusal.
It completely depends on each application. In my case my inlaws and sister in law(25) applied together in a single application in Sept and all 3 got approval together in November in their first application itself. All of them are employed.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello everyone, I got PPR email today (yes, on Saturday at 6:50 pm)

application submission: 12th Oct 2021
Biomatrics : 22nd Oct 2021
PPR : 15th Jan 2022

My parents applied for premium service through VFS. Does that include passport pickup or just return? Also i will appriciate if someone can share Ahmedabad address where we need to send passport for stamping.
Can you let me know how long they got visa for once you receive it? Is it for certain period or 10years

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hi all, our application for my parents got approved on Jan 14 - applied using new portal.

Applied/Aor - Jan 5
Biometrics request - Jan 5
Biometrics given - Jan 11 - Hyd, IN
Biometrics updated in profile - Jan 12
BVL & PPR- Jan 14

ps: My parents hold valid US visitor visa, but never visited! Good luck to everyone!
Hello Can you please let me know if how long they got it? For requested period or ten years. Thank you in advance

FeiraEvans

Nov 23, 2021
SUCCESS!!!
GCKey Application (Old Portal; wasn't aware of the new portal at the time of application)
Parents Visitor Visa Application from India:

Applied: 22 December 2021
BIL: 23 December 2021
Biometrics: 05 January 2022 (updated same day on the profiles)
Review Started: 13 or 14 January 2022
BVL & PPR: 20 January 2022 (exactly 15 days after Biometrics)

It is their first Visa application for any country.
Mother working (Govt employee) and Father retired (Govt job).
For anyone wondering about the efficacy of the old portal, It is working and you don't need to be scared and reapply in the new portal.
Just make sure that your documents are in order and updated.
Thank you to each and everyone of you who shares and who helps others. I hope everyone hears good news soon.

Reactions: Roraj and Cyfa

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
SUCCESS!!!
GCKey Application (Old Portal; wasn't aware of the new portal at the time of application)

For anyone wondering about the efficacy of the old portal, It is working and you don't need to be scared and reapply in the new portal.
Thank you to each and everyone of you who shares and who helps others. I hope everyone hears good news soon.
Congratulations. You have been very lucky

Reactions: sunshine1824

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
SUCCESS!!!

Nice, that is a good short timeline. Hoping for others waiting to be picked up as well....

Last edited:

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Are you requesting for Biometric in your application? My parents had Canadian visa, but it expired and I am re-applying. They dont remember if they did biometrics the last time when they applied 5 years ago. Its possible they did it. Are you requesting for biometrics anyways? Also, Are you uploading your supporting documents in the application? I dont see a lot of space to upload docs. How is everyone uploading all the documents?
This is the first time I have raised VV for my parents and my in-laws and they haven't given biometric before so they had to give biometric. For reapplying I'm not sure of the process sorry.

Reactions: angelinyc11