+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Thanos007

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
T
Hi Guys,

I had applied for my parents visitor visa application back in August 2021 and received BVL and PPR recently. My timelines are as given below.

Applied using old CIC portal - 16th August, 2021
Biometrics completed - 15th September, 2021

Re applied using new IRCC account - 16th November, 2021
BVL + PPR received - 14 December 2021

Had no updates from IRCC/CIC for a long time after applying in CIC portal!! Received PPR in almost 30 calendar days after applying through IRCC portal.

Good luck!! and Thank you for all the help!!
Congrats. Get that passport stamped ASAP before Christmas holidays.

Reactions: jakv

Arindamce88

Aug 25, 2020
Hi Experts,
I have applied visitor visa for my parents using the gc key portal in Nov, 2021. The just completed biometric yesterday. Now i got to know that there is a new portal for visitor visa. What should i do now? Is ircc not processing application from the gc key portal? Also is there any way i can move the application to new portal without doing everything again from beginner again? Please help....

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Applied Parents' visitor visa on 14th Oct and Biometrics completed on 22nd Nov. Biometrics updated in IRCC portal on the same day. No Updates yet.
Has anyone received PPR request for application submitted on or after 14th Oct?
Is Medicals required for Applicants aged 60+?
Does the processing time starts after application submission or biometrics?
Hi, i applied regular trv for my mom 1st app june1,2021; bio june 9,2021; 2nd app nov27,2021; bvl and med request dec10,2021. She is 62 yrs old..

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi All,

Did anyone come across this scenario earlier where final status within application shows "Your application was approved, you need to send us passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."
But there is no message or Passport Letter in the messages. Where do we generally get PPR?
My application shows 0 new messages.

Could you please share your thoughts.

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
Guys Just wanted to confirm, do I need to enter only 5 year of travel history in the TRV application.

Looks like on GCKEY it was 10 years

Adding travel history only from year ( 2016 -- 2021 )

@scylla

Last edited:

NJSHEN

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi all, my boyfriend received PPR today. He is applying from USA. The purpose that he selected was "Tourism" but he mentioned he was going to visit me (I'm in Vancouver) in his application. Here are his timelines:

Applied via GC Key - September 16th, 2021
Biometrics completed - October 13th, 2021, no response at all since then.

Re-applied via new IRCC - November 30th, 2021
Received BVL + PPR - December 21st, 2021

He submitted a lot more documents in his second application including a more detailed travel plan, paystubs, US company offer letter, apartment lease, bank statements etc. Since he mentioned in his plan that he was going to visit me, I also provided my Canada company offer letter, my ICT visa, my work permit, my apartment lease, and a invitation letter written and signed by me.

Hope these will help!

Reactions: Luxp

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi all, my boyfriend received PPR today. He is applying from USA. The purpose that he selected was "Tourism" but he mentioned he was going to visit me (I'm in Vancouver) in his application. Here are his timelines:

Applied via GC Key - September 16th, 2021
Biometrics completed - October 13th, 2021, no response at all since then.

Re-applied via new IRCC - November 30th, 2021
Received BVL + PPR - December 21st, 2021

He submitted a lot more documents in his second application including a more detailed travel plan, paystubs, US company offer letter, apartment lease, bank statements etc. Since he mentioned in his plan that he was going to visit me, I also provided my Canada company offer letter, my ICT visa, my work permit, my apartment lease, and a invitation letter written and signed by me.

Hope these will help!
Hi There,
Where do we get PPR? Does it come in messages?
I received BVL on December 19, 2021 but no PPR yet. Although the final decision shows ''Your application is approved, you need to send passport for further processing".
Could you please suggest where does PPR come as I don't see anything in my messages.
Also, did your boyfriend's status changed from Submitted to Approved?
Any feedback is really appreciated

NJSHEN

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi There,
Where do we get PPR? Does it come in messages?
I received BVL on December 19, 2021 but no PPR yet. Although the final decision shows ''Your application is approved, you need to send passport for further processing".
Could you please suggest where does PPR come as I don't see anything in my messages.
Also, did your boyfriend's status changed from Submitted to Approved?
Any feedback is really appreciated
His PPR and BVL both showed up in the section "Messages about your application" in IRCC portal today.
His application's status is still showing as "Submitted".

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
His PPR and BVL both showed up in the section "Messages about your application" in IRCC portal today.
Thank you very much for your prompt response. Last couple of question.
1. Could you please check what does application Status show when you open the application. Mine shows as "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
2. Did he get an email today that there are changes in your application, the standard email from cic?

gvskart

Dec 20, 2021
Hi Guys,

I had applied for my parents visitor visa application back in August 2021 and received BVL and PPR recently. My timelines are as given below.

Applied using old CIC portal - 16th August, 2021
Biometrics completed - 15th September, 2021

Re applied using new IRCC account - 16th November, 2021
BVL + PPR received - 14 December 2021

Had no updates from IRCC/CIC for a long time after applying in CIC portal!! Received PPR in almost 30 calendar days after applying through IRCC portal.

Good luck!! and Thank you for all the help!!
Can you post the URLs for IRCC and CIC portals? Not sure which one I used for applying.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Njshen,

Could you please check what does application Status show when you open the application. Mine shows as "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Gary