+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

muchmuch

Sep 27, 2020
Hey guys! applied for wife's visitor over a month ago from India (over 30 business days now). Looks like an asteroid crashing into the earth has more chances than getting the visitor visa/family reunification approved.
It's funny they call it family reunification and reject on the basis that you won't go back to your home country. But if you just want to visit your spouse, then it's not actually a 'reunification'? I know marijuana is legal in Canada but...
lol

Reactions: Geep

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey guys! applied for wife's visitor over a month ago from India (over 30 business days now). Looks like an asteroid crashing into the earth has more chances than getting the visitor visa/family reunification approved.
It's funny they call it family reunification and reject on the basis that you won't go back to your home country. But if you just want to visit your spouse, then it's not actually a 'reunification'? I know marijuana is legal in Canada but...
lol
People have been waiting over 50 days now. Lot of Oct/Nov files left out

reyhane al

Dec 17, 2021
Hi guys. I have PGWP and I want to apply for my parents Visitor visa. Considering the new Covid related restrictions , is there any problem to apply?

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Hello ,
I want to apply for parents visitor visa . But my concern is that my work permit expired few days back and the work permit extension is in progress .I am going to sponsor the trip and attach my documents as proof of funds.

Should I wait for getting my work permit extension before applying for parents visa ?

big_guy_7

Oct 4, 2020
Hi everyone!

I am planning to apply for my parents' visitor visa. I am on a work permit. When i start with the sign up, it asks what's the purpose of the visit. The options that I feel are relevant to me:

1. To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily.
2. None of the above.

My question is - will I be an immediate family member of my parents?

Appreciate any response/info, thanks

big_guy_7

Oct 4, 2020
Hi All,

My dad’s TRV has been approved and I can see the counterfoil number online as of today, guessing that the passport has been stamped already?). Planned travel date is December 24th, and I can see the expiry date of the counterfoil. Question is if the entry date on the visa will be the date when the counterfoil has been issued or the planned date of travel?

Thank you.
Congrats on the approval. I have a question regarding parents' visitor visa. Will i be considered an immediate family member of my parents? I am asking because they have a question regarding this during the start of the application.

Thanks

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I need a suggestion, I want to apply visitor visa for my mother. My question is, shall I create application on her behalf and add myself as a representative or ask her to create the application. will it make any difference? please suggest.

jakv

Sep 13, 2018
Hi Guys,

I had applied for my parents visitor visa application back in August 2021 and received BVL and PPR recently. My timelines are as given below.

Applied using old CIC portal - 16th August, 2021
Biometrics completed - 15th September, 2021

Re applied using new IRCC account - 16th November, 2021
BVL + PPR received - 14 December 2021

Had no updates from IRCC/CIC for a long time after applying in CIC portal!! Received PPR in almost 30 calendar days after applying through IRCC portal.

Good luck!! and Thank you for all the help!!

gvskart

Dec 20, 2021
Applied Parents' visitor visa on 14th Oct and Biometrics completed on 22nd Nov. Biometrics updated in IRCC portal on the same day. No Updates yet.
Has anyone received PPR request for application submitted on or after 14th Oct?
Is Medicals required for Applicants aged 60+?
Does the processing time starts after application submission or biometrics?

PK14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Applied Parents' visitor visa on 14th Oct and Biometrics completed on 22nd Nov. Biometrics updated in IRCC portal on the same day. No Updates yet.
Has anyone received PPR request for application submitted on or after 14th Oct?
Is Medicals required for Applicants aged 60+?
Does the processing time starts after application submission or biometrics?
Hi,
Would be helpful, if you could answer my question can I apply on behalf of my mother, submit application I mean. How you did in your case?