+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I reapplied via the IRCC portal for my parent's Visitor Visa from India on Oct 6th,2021, till now no update.

Raised the webform a couple of times no response.

Don't know why it's taking so long. Does anybody like me?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I reapplied via the IRCC portal for my parent's Visitor Visa from India on Oct 6th,2021, till now no update.

Raised the webform a couple of times no response.

Don't know why it's taking so long. Does anybody like me?
There are a bunch of applicants like you stuck from Oct and Nov. most people got decisions though. I am not sure what the other options are. I see some people are filing another application in GC Key. I would suggest to wait it out

senk

Jun 15, 2013
Hi All,

please help! I am trying to book biometric appointment for parents visitor visa but vfs site says no appointment available for next many months.
Tried booking at different time slots of the day and different centers but no luck at all.

please help or advice regarding appointment booking.

Jaskaran1985

Dec 15, 2021
I keep getting this error, i have checked everything. did anyone else face the same issue?

Countries or territories of residence - list your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where youve lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months
I am facing same issue. Did you find any solution?

masyanya

May 25, 2021
Hi All,

My dad’s TRV has been approved and I can see the counterfoil number online as of today, guessing that the passport has been stamped already?). Planned travel date is December 24th, and I can see the expiry date of the counterfoil. Question is if the entry date on the visa will be the date when the counterfoil has been issued or the planned date of travel?

Thank you.

manavmudgal

Sep 9, 2017
Hello All, Thank you so much for creating this group. Very informative. I just have a small query. I am filing visitor visa application for my parents in the new portal and I wanted to check do I need to add both my parents as separate member in the group or I can just add my father and list my mother as his spouse also planning to visit Canada with him. Please advise.

-MJ-

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I as a permanent resident and applied under family reunification on behalf of my parents. I submittted application on Dec 09, 2021 on new portal and got the acknowledgment letters immediately. The letters contain the application numbers and the grid which I have pasted below got updated just after the submission. But later on when I signed in, I can't see the application no. Next day, I got an email that I received a message in my account which I suspect could be for biometrics. But there's nothing in the account and I can't even check the status. Any one faced similar issue ?

Application type

Application number

Applicant name

Date submitted

Current statusAction
Visitor visa applicationNot availableDecember 9, 2021ApplicationStatus.InProgressPending
Visitor visa applicationNot availableDecember 9, 2021ApplicationStatus.InProgressPending

Azadehh

Dec 17, 2021
Hi guys,

I as a permanent resident and applied under family reunification on behalf of my parents. I submittted application on Dec 09, 2021 on new portal and got the acknowledgment letters immediately. The letters contain the application numbers and the grid which I have pasted below got updated just after the submission. But later on when I signed in, I can't see the application no. Next day, I got an email that I received a message in my account which I suspect could be for biometrics. But there's nothing in the account and I can't even check the status. Any one faced similar issue ?

Application type

Application number

Applicant name

Date submitted

Current statusAction
I am facing same issue. Did you find any solution?

Aman_142

Dec 6, 2021
Hi All,

please help! I am trying to book biometric appointment for parents visitor visa but vfs site says no appointment available for next many months.
Tried booking at different time slots of the day and different centers but no luck at all.

please help or advice regarding appointment booking.
hi,
starting today, things have changed dramatically. Now only people with BIL can book appointment.
This will open up a flood of appointments.
Cheer up