+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Abhis2213

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hello can someone help me with parents visiting visa? i am PR in Canada
I want to invite them for 3 weeks only.
Is 17k funds enough for that in there joint account?

i will handle all there expenses in canada should i mention that in option.
‘Is someone providing you funds?’

they had a refusal in 2018.
Please advise me any good sample for Invitations letter or LOE.

also i am living on rent right now do i have to arrange an accommodation for them before hand? To show to IRCC?

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi,
Did you get any response for this? I'm also facing the same issue. The date we could book for my parents is Dec 14 but the deadline given is on or before Dec 10th. I raised a webform and the response I got is ' Have forwarded to the responsible officer' and nothing else.
No issue! They can do it on 14 December. IRCC is allowing expired biometrics letters. In fact, I got my bio letter on 29th September and did my biometrics on 10 th November. I was allowed and my biometrics got uploaded the same day in my gckey account.

Reactions: Snehathomas

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hello, I am in the process of applying for my parents in the new portal. I have a question if you don’t mind. Do I have to create two separate accounts for my parents or it can be done under one application? So far the website is down since morning I couldn’t figure it out there.
It can be done under one application. Show your father as the principal applicant and your mother as his accompanying spouse.

ind.can

Feb 17, 2018
My husband is planning to go back to Canada from India (who has a valid PR) in Feb. As we got married in Oct 2021, I am trying to apply Visitor Visa using the new IRCC portal.
What would be the correct answer for the question -
Question on portal-- Why do you need a visa? (required)
Option 1 To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
or
Option 2 To visit family/friends for less than 6 months
or
Option 3 To visit Canada as a tourist

We are hoping that i can get my TRV and travel with him in FEB-2022
Any suggestions, would be helpful!

Thank you in advance.

Any response on this please?

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
No i have not shown any property documents, Should that help? and if i want to write an Invitation letter, how should that be? i have not attached any letter for my side :(
The strongest ties of wife is with her husband! If your children are studying and staying with your wife, then she may get her visa approved. That’s my opinion!

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Question for anyone who has received PPR from India -

Has anyone used the VFS 2 way courier service (pick up and drop) to send the passport for stamping? what are their general timelines? Also, once the fees are paid, what are the next steps - does the collector call before coming? Is there any place to check when the pick up will happen? Is there any link where we can check all this information? My friend paid INR 1729 per passport and submitted passport pickup request thru below link.

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/

Pls advise in case anyone has been thru this process. Thank You.
We have submitted our passports through the 2 way courier facility. After you pay the courier fees, you will get a mail mentioning the awb no. which you have to provide to the courier person when he calls on you. He will come within 3-5 days of paying the amount, usually the very next day. He will call before coming to confirm the address.

shiv321123

Oct 26, 2021
My husband is planning to go back to Canada from India (who has a valid PR) in Feb. As we got married in Oct 2021, I am trying to apply Visitor Visa using the new IRCC portal.
What would be the correct answer for the question -
Question on portal-- Why do you need a visa? (required)
Option 1 To unite with an immediate family member who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
or
Option 2 To visit family/friends for less than 6 months
or
Option 3 To visit Canada as a tourist

We are hoping that i can get my TRV and travel with him in FEB-2022
Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thank you in advance.
Same boat as you. I chose option 2 but you should check with others as I have not received PPR yet.
Applied on Nov 4th
Biometrics updated Nov 22

Last edited:

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Finally got PPR for my sister!!!!
First application was submitted on July 14, GCKey.
Second application submitted on portal: Oct 12
GCKey application withdrawn: Nov 22
BVL and PPR: Today (Nov 25)
Applied from Nigeria, VO in Nairobi, Kenya!

Good luck to everyone waiting for their turn.

Reactions: Kumar25

velu05

Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do I go to this portal page via canada.ca or cic.gc.ca?

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018

Applied October 15 for my sister from Nigeria and approved today too. Congratulations to us and Goodluck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: Jwgirl and demme343

KJGCanada

Nov 25, 2021

How did you withdraw the old application?

I applied for my parents in July 2021 and reapplied in October, and still, both of the applications are pending. Did you withdraw the older application or it got withdrawn automatically by the system?