+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just wrote in the invitation letter that she has 3 other kids in Nigeria and also cares for my aged father in Nigeria
Thanks for sharing... I applied too for my mom on October 18 and have not heard back. She did her biometrics already...when did you put that your mom is travelling and duration of stay?

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Hi. Does anyone know when eligibility is supposed to start? I actually have everything passed on my PR application but they aren't making a decision. Applied Oct 12 for a visitor visa but have not seen any updates at all

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hi everyone
Anyone has a idea how long it takes when eligibility starts reviewing in new portal. Thanks

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Hello All,
My spouse got PPR request today. Here's our timeline and other info for your reference.

Application date: 09/28/21 through GC Key (1st application)
Biometrics request letter: 09/29/21
Raised web form for delay in biometrics: 09/30/21 as there were no slot available until Nov 10th
Biometric appointment: 11/10/21 at VFS Chennai
Biometrics update in Profile: 11/10/21
PPR letter: 11/15/21

My spouse applied for visitor visa from India(GC Key Online). I'm a Canadian PR, provided invite letter and my bank statement to support her application.

Now, used VFS webform for passport collection, waiting for response from VFS.

Happy to answer any questions.

Snehathomas

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019
Hello All,
My spouse got PPR request today. Here's our timeline and other info for your reference.

Application date: 09/28/21 through GC Key (1st application)
Biometrics request letter: 09/29/21
Raised web form for delay in biometrics: 09/30/21 as there were no slot available until Nov 10th
Biometric appointment: 11/10/21 at VFS Chennai
Biometrics update in Profile: 11/10/21
PPR letter: 11/15/21

My spouse applied for visitor visa from India(GC Key Online). I'm a Canadian PR, provided invite letter and my bank statement to support her application.

Now, used VFS webform for passport collection, waiting for response from VFS.

Happy to answer any questions.
Hi,

When you raised webform for biometrics extension did you get any response? The only response we received was that the information has been forwarded to the responsible officer.
Based on your timelines looks like it was okay to have submitted the biometrics late.
Just the webform to let them know was enough?
Thanks

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
Hi,

When you raised webform for biometrics extension did you get any response? The only response we received was that the information has been forwarded to the responsible officer.
Based on your timelines looks like it was okay to have submitted the biometrics late.
Thanks
Same for us as well, no response.
Should be okay.

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
I all. I have open an account to the new IRCC portal and when I clicked on Start an Application - Apply for a visitor visa - I am redirected to an error message.

Unknown Error occurred.

We're sorry you ended up here. Try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, you can:
  • Report a technical problem by completing the Web form on the Contact Us page of our website.
  • Make sure to include the error details listed below.
  • Return to sign in.
Anyone had this problem before ?

Thanks for your reply.
Ok. It looks like this is happening only during weekends. This monday afternoon, it was on line.

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Thanks
After 2 days requesting an extension for Biometrics, i received this from Bangalore consulate.

Dear client,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that your application will remain in the processing queue until we receive your biometrics report. You must undergo biometrics on your available appointment date.

Biometrics If you have enrolled your biometrics, we have received it in our system and your application is in process. Please be patient as we review your information. Should additional information be required, IRCC will send you additional correspondence.

VAC’s across India are offering biometric appointments for all lines of business. All visa applicants who hold a biometric instruction letter (BIL) may book a biometrics appointment at a VAC in India using the online booking tool on the VFS Global website. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

VAC’s have also opened a dedicated biometrics appointment queue for study permit applicants. Students may cancel their existing appointments in order to book an earlier date using this dedicated queue on the Appointment Management System (AMS)https://bit.ly/3ikzD7n. VACs will cancel all appointments from other applicants booked under the student dedicated queue on the Appointment Management System (AMS).

If you have additional questions regarding the VACs and biometric enrolment, please access our frequently asked questions by scanning the QR code below with your mobile phone. Once scanned the linked document will be updated automatically without scanning the QR code again.

We trust you will find above information of assistance.

Please continue to follow us on social media for regular updates. Click on our Twitter/Facebook/YouTube links below.

Client Service Unit
Migration section
Consulate General of Canada
Bengaluru
e-mail: BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca