+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

hegdvin

Jul 22, 2017
i don’t know if this helps, but i applied for my mom living in Nigeria. she’s retired and a trader. in the application i put that my husband and i will be fully responsible for her travel, so we only put our bank statements, paystubs and 2 years NOA. didn’t include anything from my mother. IRCC approved application in 8 days on new portal
Thank you so much for the response :)

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
i just wrote in the invitation letter that she has 3 other kids in Nigeria and also cares for my aged father in Nigeria
Thanks alot. I also applied for my parents from Nigeria. I might have to reapply via the new portal. Sucks having to pay a new fee for no reason.

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Hi,

I'm getting the same error! :( don't know why it happens or what to do? Any suggestions?

Thanks
I have the same problem. Have you found any solution ? Was the problem solved ?

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
I all. I have open an account to the new IRCC portal and when I clicked on Start an Application - Apply for a visitor visa - I am redirected to an error message.

Unknown Error occurred.

We're sorry you ended up here. Try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, you can:
  • Report a technical problem by completing the Web form on the Contact Us page of our website.
  • Make sure to include the error details listed below.
  • Return to sign in.
Anyone had this problem before ?

Thanks for your reply.

Tal123

May 6, 2021
Hello Guys,
I am applying for my mother's visit visa through a new portal. In the end, it asked me to upload the proof of fund in the mandatory documents.
When I checked the general checklist on the IRCC website, it said proof of fund is optional. Can anyone help me if I am doing something wrong?
I used the option "Unite with an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen".
Please advise!

fertisha

Nov 15, 2021
Hello,

I submitted my parent's visit visa application last September 7, 2021. I used the new IRCC Portal. If anyone is on the same boat, let's share insights and updates.

September 7 - Application Submitted
September 10 - Biometrics done

No request for medical as of the moment. Intended to stay for less than 6 months, but hoping to travel this november 2021.
Hello, I am in the process of applying for my parents in the new portal. I have a question if you don’t mind. Do I have to create two separate accounts for my parents or it can be done under one application? So far the website is down since morning I couldn’t figure it out there.

fertisha

Nov 15, 2021
I all. I have open an account to the new IRCC portal and when I clicked on Start an Application - Apply for a visitor visa - I am redirected to an error message.

Unknown Error occurred.

We're sorry you ended up here. Try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, you can:
  • Report a technical problem by completing the Web form on the Contact Us page of our website.
  • Make sure to include the error details listed below.
  • Return to sign in.
Anyone had this problem before ?

Thanks for your reply.
I got the same error since morning, it hasn’t been fixed yet

Reactions: Vedant_agarwalla

Basir amini

Nov 29, 2016
my friend has sent invitation letter with all necessary documents including bank statements and salary slips.
Which portal is good GCKey or new portal?
If new portal which category I have select?

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Any update for the visa who applied from India. I applied Visitor visa for my parents on Oct 6,2021 via new IRCC portal and biometrics is updated immediately. till now no more progress or updates on the application. How to check the status is there any webform to submit for this new IRCC portal applications. Please suggest.

Thanks,

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Any update for the visa who applied from India. I applied Visitor visa for my parents on Oct 6,2021 via new IRCC portal and biometrics is updated immediately. till now no more progress or updates on the application. How to check the status is there any webform to submit for this new IRCC portal applications. Please suggest.

Thanks,
Hi. When you applied for both members on new portal, Does it show as 2 separate visit visa applications or does it show as one visit visa application? I am stuck with how to identify the primary applicant and spouse. TIA