+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

canmart

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Thanks God, my mom has received PPR today. Below is my time line:

Applied: Oct 18, 2021
Bio-metrics Request: Oct 19, 2021
Bio-metrics Submitted: Oct 25, 2021
BVL and PPR: November 11, 2021
Visa office: Singapore

I have submitted notarized declaration of financial support for my mom; return air ticket, and the invitation letter, plus my employment letter, NOA, bank statements etc.

Good luck everyone!

Best,

Reactions: Bengold

MissFangy

Jun 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

My friend applied for a visitor visa via IRCC Portal (fully-vaccinated tourist) on October 8, 2021; bio updated October 11, 2021; but still haven't heard anything. Is this normal? Applied in Ecuador.

Please help.

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Visit friends and Family
I applied for the same thing so I don’t understand why mine has not even started reviewing eligibility. Did your niece’s change to reviewing eligibility before she got the request? I guess maybe because I have alot of travel history and I lived in another county for more than 6 months for work?

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
My Mother in law was approved on 4th Nov. We are expecting a passport back tomorrow. Today we received a email about travel authorization. I thought patents are exempted to get authorization letter if they are fully vaccinated. Please note that they sent a letter to email address not on ircc portal. We didn't upload the vaccine certificate with application.
Anyone in the same situation?

Reactions: Jayluv

canmart

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
My Mother in law was approved on 4th Nov. We are expecting a passport back tomorrow. Today we received a email about travel authorization. I thought patents are exempted to get authorization letter if they are fully vaccinated. Please note that they sent a letter to email address not on ircc portal. We didn't upload the vaccine certificate with application.
Anyone in the same situation?
Congratulations! Could you please tell me what is travel authorization? Do we need travel authorization in addition to visa? Thanks @Hus85

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Congratulations! Could you please tell me what is travel authorization? Do we need travel authorization in addition to visa? Thanks @Hus85
This is a answer I am looking for. It was my understanding that we do not need travel authorization letter but suddenly I received this email so I am confused now. I will send an email to the address mentioned in the letter to see what they reply.

Reactions: canmart

Slimoke

Jan 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for a visit visa. What is the best option advisable?
Make a hotel booking for accommodation and place of stay
  1. Use an invitation letter from my cousin.
My intent for traveling is for vacation for like 2 weeks days.

Have they started processing applications like this? Any hope of it being successful?
I thank you in advance as you respond

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I applied for the same thing so I don’t understand why mine has not even started reviewing eligibility. Did your niece’s change to reviewing eligibility before she got the request? I guess maybe because I have alot of travel history and I lived in another county for more than 6 months for work?
Thats the thing, i guess they were working behind the scene, when i got the mail the application was updated, i log in an see the passport request letter and it change to review...but at the bottom, it say Application approve, send passport to finalise application; NORAMLLY u get a mail when review started....But this time i got nothing so. One update and it was for passport. As you know that day i was checking all the time..An we were communicating here. Her Dad DHL it to PoS, should get in Trinidad Monday from Guyana.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I live in Barbados, an i travel Alot too, i was in Canada early September this year. US 3 times this year then December from Canada i going over US for 3 days. I think why hers processes fast, i had apply for her since Nov 06,2020....I withdrew that application Oct 22, 2021 since almost 1 yr an nothing....On Oct 29 the update the old application an say withdrawn...( no refund, some ppl get refund, few days later) , i am of the opinion they had start work on the old application. On the New application i did make reference to the old application Number. I think yours may get do today or monday...As until bio was update then is when u have a compete application.

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
I live in Barbados, an i travel Alot too, i was in Canada early September this year. US 3 times this year then December from Canada i going over US for 3 days. I think why hers processes fast, i had apply for her since Nov 06,2020....I withdrew that application Oct 22, 2021 since almost 1 yr an nothing....On Oct 29 the update the old application an say withdrawn...( no refund, some ppl get refund, few days later) , i am of the opinion they had start work on the old application. On the New application i did make reference to the old application Number. I think yours may get do today or monday...As until bio was update then is when u have a compete application.
I got my PPR today ☺

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
I'm PR in Canada with wedding scheduled for 28th Nov 2021:

I applied visitor visa for my sister who is an IT professional in India.

Her timeline:
Application Submitted - Oct 14 2021
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021
Biometrics completed - October 27 2021 (shows in CIC Portal updated)
Background Check - We are process your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.
Country of Application: India

I applied for my parents too just before her and after their biometrics were done the got PPR within 3-5 days.

In my sister's I'm not sure why its taking so long.

Any feedback would be much appreciated guys.

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
I'm PR in Canada with wedding scheduled for 28th Nov 2021:

I applied visitor visa for my sister who is an IT professional in India.

Her timeline:
Application Submitted - Oct 14 2021
Biometrics - Oct 27 2021
Biometrics completed - October 27 2021 (shows in CIC Portal updated)
Background Check - We are process your background check.
Final Decision - Your application is in progress.
Country of Application: India

I applied for my parents too just before her and after their biometrics were done the got PPR within 3-5 days.

In my sister's I'm not sure why its taking so long.

Any feedback would be much appreciated guys.
I applied for my sister on the 15th October, still waiting too!