+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
I really

I really don’t understand why mine is taking so long…I had a previous visa I have travel history and I travelled every year to Canada as well not sure why, did your mom do hers from Trinidad via new portal?
depends on visa office. my mom applied mid october-- she's also had visa before and has traveled and they havent even begun to do 'eligibility' review (mexico visa office)

dino888

Nov 2, 2021
Hi,

I'm applying visitor visa for my parents. So do I need to prepare the statement of purpose and submit as document or invitation letter should suffice?

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

I'm applying visitor visa for my parents. So do I need to prepare the statement of purpose and submit as document or invitation letter should suffice?
i did both for my mom -- a general explanation letter from her (explaining the visit, why the timeframe, and how she'll go back to her work after the short vacation etc etc), and a short invitation letter too.
still waiting so idk, but it doesnt hurt to do both of course.

Reactions: dino888

PSVRao

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
My wife gave her biometrics today but her finger prints were not captured. We were told it is a common problem among women of 50+ years of age. Has anyone come across such an experience??

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
We travel to Canada annually as well. Lets see between you and my niece ( 5 yrs old ) whos application will get look at first...I applied Oct 22....you a few days later..i have a feeling either this week or next week.
Yea let’s see what happens keep me updated ok?

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
depends on visa office. my mom applied mid october-- she's also had visa before and has traveled and they havent even begun to do 'eligibility' review (mexico visa office)
Its saying my application is in progress will update when we review your eligibility.Does this mean they started my eligibility?

Bony17

May 16, 2021
Its saying my application is in progress will update when we review your eligibility.Does this mean they started my eligibility?
Not yet.
When they start reviewing they will say "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Okky that means a visa officer have picked your file and started to work on it.
Ok great… but they said that since the 27th October and mine is just a renewal I had my visa previously…thankfully they are working on it..hopefully I get news soon!

Bony17

May 16, 2021
Ok great… but they said that since the 27th October and mine is just a renewal I had my visa previously…thankfully they are working on it..hopefully I get news soon!
For me it started on the 9th October so let us be patient hopeful we will get good news soon

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
No, review not start as yet...when review start it will say we're reviewing your eligib....

dino888

Nov 2, 2021
i did both for my mom -- a general explanation letter from her (explaining the visit, why the timeframe, and how she'll go back to her work after the short vacation etc etc), and a short invitation letter too.
still waiting so idk, but it doesnt hurt to do both of course.
Thank you for your response. If you don't mind could you please share the template of the invitation letter and SOP that you have created. you can reply personally not in this thread if you can do that would be great!