+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

datartist123

Apr 13, 2018
Immediate family - Parents, Grandparents, siblings, children

Family - Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. Distant relatives.
But doesn't IRCC says parents - Immediate family and Siblings - Extended family

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

I'm little hesitant to go for Authorization Request letter from IRCCfor extended family since it's using webform and it would take a lot of time and energy. Did you do that?

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
meaning the withdrawn the old application...7 days after i submitted new application via the portal.
Oh you mean Oct 29…do you know anyone who got through from Trinidad? I applied on the 21 Oct..Bio submitted Oct 27 haven’t heard anything since was hoping for feedback this week?

Proud04

Nov 9, 2021
Same here I applied on Oct 09, everything got updated the same day. I thought, will see some action quickly. However, since then the application is in the processing stage not even being reviewed.
Hello, Which country did you apply from? I am guessing since newborn does not need biometrics, that's why we are not seeing any updates?

3sports

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
But doesn't IRCC says parents - Immediate family and Siblings - Extended family

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

I'm little hesitant to go for Authorization Request letter from IRCCfor extended family since it's using webform and it would take a lot of time and energy. Did you do that?
I didn't require such a document. I don't have any relatives in Canada. I applied for business purposes.

On the link it clearly mentions that you should be able to prove the relationship with documentation. So if you have that then you're good to go.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Oh you mean Oct 29…do you know anyone who got through from Trinidad? I applied on the 21 Oct..Bio submitted Oct 27 haven’t heard anything since was hoping for feedback this week?
nah boy, lets us hope they working fast. within the 30 days, generally PoS is not bad, If you had a Canadian visa they prob will process under CAN+ , i apply for my niece its her first time to Canada, i dont feel it will be deny as the father and all the other siblings holding TRV. We want go up North for Christmas.. Which island u apply from ?

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
nah boy, lets us hope they working fast. within the 30 days, generally PoS is not bad, If you had a Canadian visa they prob will process under CAN+ , i apply for my niece its her first time to Canada, i dont feel it will be deny as the father and all the other siblings holding TRV. We want go up North for Christmas.. Which island u apply from ?
I applied from Trinidad and I had a Canadian Visa before which expired when my passport expired last year! I really thought I would hve heard some news earlier because I am seeing persons getting through in 5 days and some in 14 days

Reactions: kingwil

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I applied from Trinidad and I had a Canadian Visa before which expired when my passport expired last year! I really thought I would hve heard some news earlier because I am seeing persons getting through in 5 days and some in 14 days
wow....that sucks. Though with a previous visa yours get process faster. My mom got hers processed in 2 days. Lord, i hope this child application processing within the 30 days max.

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
I really
wow....that sucks. Though with a previous visa yours get process faster. My mom got hers processed in 2 days. Lord, i hope this child application processing within the 30 days max.
I really don’t understand why mine is taking so long…I had a previous visa I have travel history and I travelled every year to Canada as well not sure why, did your mom do hers from Trinidad via new portal?

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I really

I really don’t understand why mine is taking so long…I had a previous visa I have travel history and I travelled every year to Canada as well not sure why, did your mom do hers from Trinidad via new portal?
We from Guyana, Trinidad is our visa office so yes, i applied for her under the old way..not the new portal.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I really

We travel to Canada annually as well. Lets see between you and my niece ( 5 yrs old ) whos application will get look at first...I applied Oct 22....you a few days later..i have a feeling either this week or next week.