+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

CamDzg

Nov 8, 2021
Hi, my dad is already retired but owns a business where he works. How should i add this in the 5257 form in the employment section, as he is retired but has a business which one should be put as the current activity or can i add both of them

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
Anyone applied for visitors visa from Trinidad and Tobago in the new portal, can you please place your timeline here?

Applicant1

Oct 25, 2021
Hi,
Applicant from India. I applied for my mother on Nov 3, received update of "application received" on Nov 4 and request for Biometrics on Nov 6.
However, there are no dates available for Biometrics until after Dec 10 and the letter states to do it before Dec 5. What should I do? Anyone here with the same issue? Already thought of responding via Webform but I dont know where is the file being processed of the 3 VAC offices in India.

Thanks in advance.

regards.

3sports

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
Hi,
Applicant from India. I applied for my mother on Nov 3, received update of "application received" on Nov 4 and request for Biometrics on Nov 6.
However, there are no dates available for Biometrics until after Dec 10 and the letter states to do it before Dec 5. What should I do? Anyone here with the same issue? Already thought of responding via Webform but I dont know where is the file being processed of the 3 VAC offices in India.

Thanks in advance.

regards.
Keep checking on VFS website. You will find an earlier appointment. They release new slots on instructions from IRCC on a frequent basis.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone applied for visitors visa from Trinidad and Tobago in the new portal, can you please place your timeline here?
I applied on new portal Oct 22,2021..No updated up to now.
Previous application was Nov 06,2020..i withdraw that one on Oct 22 and it updated Nov 29,
Port of Spain working real slow.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

regards.
IRCC is aware of the lack of biometrics slots in India, so it won't affect you. Just send a webform informing them that you couldn't find any appointments within 30 day period.

SJD3

Star Member
Oct 29, 2021
I applied on new portal Oct 22,2021..No updated up to now.
Previous application was Nov 06,2020..i withdraw that one on Oct 22 and it updated Nov 29,
Port of Spain working real slow.
What you mean it updated Nov 29?

Shrey_19

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Hi All,

Need suggestions on Supervisa application of parents:

1. Is it 2 seperate application require for mother and father or only 1 application require.?...I am applying through new portal

2. Father is self employed..how to show that in work history as there is no option of self employed or business...

Kindly share your inputs...

Nav0821

Nov 9, 2021
I keep getting this error, i have checked everything. did anyone else face the same issue?

Countries or territories of residence - list your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where youve lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months
I am also trying to apply for my parents visitor visa (from India), using the new IRCC Portal, and keep getting the same error on Countries or territories of residence for last 3 days, tried deleting the application and filling a new one as well,
did you find a solution for it ????
or does anybody else knows a bypass, please help, its really frustrating

datartist123

Apr 13, 2018
hey guys ,
i am applying visitor visa for my mother through new portal . and i am on study permit in canada.
what should i need to select:

Why do you need a visa?
1. To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily

2. To visit family/friends for less than 6 months
I'm in the same boat. I need to appy for my parents and sister. Under which category did you apply? and can you please share updates?

datartist123

Apr 13, 2018
hey guys ,
i am applying visitor visa for my mother through new portal . and i am on study permit in canada.
what should i need to select:

Why do you need a visa?
1. To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily

2. To visit family/friends for less than 6 months
Hello, I'm in the same boat.
Under which category did you finally apply?and what's the status/update? Thanks!