+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visit Visa Application (Using the new IRCC Portal)

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Can anyone please help if I can apply for my father visitor visa under travel exemption in new ircc portal if he is partially vaccinated but will get fully vaccinated when we have planned the travel ?
Vaccination is not a requirement to apply for Visa , but Yes it will help to enter Canada without quarantine.

Reactions: CanBro

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
I need your help please.

I need your help. I am trying to reapply for my parents visa on the new portal. My dad will be the principal applicant, but I already told them my mom will be applying also, at the end they just wanted my dad’s info. Do I have to go through another set of question for my mom?
Sorry I was away and just checked the portal. Basically you will completing two applications by selecting it as a group. Once you complete both applications with the required documents, the next step is for payments etc. That is where it asks you who is a principal applicant? This where you need to choose your father as a primary applicant.

Reactions: saver1985

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
Yes congrats! Can you update when you receive you passport with visa please? And can you confirm what country you applied from?
Thanks. I applied from Canada but obviously it is based on applicant country of residence which is Pakistan. They have submitted the passports on Friday 29th Oct, 2021 and the tentative wait time is 8-14 business days.

qasim537

Oct 4, 2021
Hello, Did you apply for them together under one application or separate applications?
As a group yes but had to fill two individual applications under it. Once both applications under the group is completed, it will ask for a primary applicant which was my father in my case.

ruchin30

Feb 9, 2018
I have applied for my parents on 6th Oct, they already have submitted their biometrics prior to the application, but no visa or any communication yet. I have applied from india

rovin

Nov 2, 2021
Hello Everyone, I applied for my parents visit visa on oct 28th, 2021, i didnt knew about new IRCC portal so i applied online thru IRCC GCkey. I was wondering if i should apply thru this new portal as it is quicker or i should keep my application submitted in old IRCC GCkey acc ? and if i withdraw will i get my refund back ? Just looking for a advise if someone else been in similar situation
Did you get any response? I did the same. I just reapplied on the 31st of Oct and I didn't know about this new portal.

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Is there anyone here whose application was processed/is being processed at the Nairobi (Kenyan) office? Any PPRs recently from said office?

Abhisun15

Star Member
May 25, 2017
I am seeing in other groups, people who re-applied for visitor visa are getting approvals within 14-30 days timeline, while some are still waiting for any response since August. Not sure if applying again is helping, seems like money wasted. Will raising a web form be helpful ?

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I applied for visitors visa for my brother and his wife on October 22 using gckey. They did biometric on October 26 after which I read that I should have used the new portal instead. I went ahead to submit a new application using the new portal on October 31. They updated the new application with the biometric on 1 November. Today, I received BVL. Fingers crossed.

prashanfernando

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
Passport Req..
18-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2019
LANDED..........
01-09-2019
Has anyone applied for a supervisa using the new IRCC portal or should we still resubmit using GCKEY portal? Thanks in advance

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Is there anyone in this group/thread who has applied for a spouse visitor visa (as a PR/citizen) and their application was approved? Any info will be really appreciated!

Reactions: saathvik92

Oksamjackson

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I applied for visitors visa for my brother and his wife on October 22 using gckey. They did biometric on October 26 after which I read that I should have used the new portal instead. I went ahead to submit a new application using the new portal on October 31. They updated the new application with the biometric on 1 November. Today, I received BVL. Fingers crossed.

My brother and his wife got their passport request this morning. The entire process took only 5 days and I can't believe it. Visa office is Accra, Ghana.

Reactions: canmart

Anura@06

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
My parents got PPR today for their Visitor Visa. Here is their timeline.

Applied on: 20th Sept 21 via Portal
Biometrics: 1st Nov 21
Biometrics accepted: 4th Nov 21
PPR: 4th Nov 21
Funds proof were not submitted for anyone
Applied from India
Both sons are living outside India
Strong ties - Submitted their property and pension docs